Fenix TK10 considering a purchase

Policetacteam

Enlightened
I am always searching for new lights for duty use. I am curious what you guys think of this torch. The good, the bad , and the ugly (if there are any). It seems like it has outstanding light output and looks very rugged. I am a long time Surefire fan but for the price how can you not like it! Let me know. pictures if you have them!!!

reza

Newly Enlightened
I have it and it's a nice light but a little big in the diameter. Somewhat fat.
I will try to post a picture. I am kind of new to the forum.

glockboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
The bad things about it is the clip, that's all.
You'll love the light.
Goto fenix-store.com for pictures.

Nitroz

Flashlight Enthusiast

Lookin4U

Newly Enlightened
People will throw dirt in the air, but my EagleTac T10C2 has significantly brighter and wider spill, and puts more usable light downrange than my Fenix TK10 (also costs less). I've never mounted the TK10 on a rifle, but my EagleTac has done just fine on my issue M-4 'Patrol Rifle' and handle bar mounted on my hardtail Mountain Bike (Far more demanding than the rifle mount). As a matter of fact, I'm getting two more, just to leave one on the rifle, one for duty, and the other for back-up and everything else...

EvilPaul2112

Enlightened
Actually, I prefer the TK11. You have the option of running a Li-ion 18650 or CR123s, which the TK10 ONLY runs CR123s. Plus, the TK11 throws farther and is slightly brighter. I replaced my 6P Malkoff with a TK11 (18650) on my duty belt and a spare TK11(CR123s) in my riot bag.

Policetacteam

Enlightened
That's good to know! Doesn't the TK11 have the smooth reflector vs. TK10 which has a bit of a orange peel style reflector. Correct me if I'm wrong, because I very well may be, but isn't the dimpled or orange peel style reflector for more CQB type work because it has less throw but slightly greater spill. For these purposes the less throw is probably more suited for the types of work it will see! I would love some feedback.

unique

Enlightened
Well, what I love about my TK10 is no matter how close you are to an object/wall, the spill and hot spot are very smooth. You cannot see any doughnut looking holes, rings etc like you might see with the TK11 close up.
I use my TK10 for close range things, but I can use it for long range if need be. Its definitely bright enough.
But if you will be close to objects I would recommend the TK10 for the perfect smoothness around the spill and hotspot and big spill.
Wait for some pro to come along to give you better detail though, I'm just an amateur at the moment with lights, though from the pictures I seen and feedback I've read about the TK11, the hot spot can be little bit off centre and you see rings around the spill area and there is a doughnut hole on the spot close up.
With the TK10 is all round smooth. No other artefacts what so ever.

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Policetacteam,

I am very satsified with my TK10, which became my new favorite instead of the Tiablo A9.

When I earlier purchased the Tiablo I ordered it with as well textured and smooth reflector. I didn't need long time to find that the textured reflector was my choice. The smooth reflector unveiled darker areas and rings and the hotspot was smaller and more intense.

When I now compare the TK10 and the A9 (both with textured reflector) the hotspot is much wider in the TK10. The Tiablo throws better but in the most cases I don't find a very small and intense hotspot to be the ideal. If the main intention isn't to use the flashlight at very long distances I can't justify a more intense and smaller hotspot of the smooth reflector, which also results in a less even illuminated spill. The wider hotspot and the smoother spillbeam of the TK10 is more usable for the most situations.

Ok, my comparison between the TK10 and A9 maybe isn't completely relevant to the consideration between the TK10 and TK11. I have not tried the TK11 but understand it isn't a thrower in the class of the Tiablo. But I wanted to give my impression of the difference between a smooth and textured reflector, and the difference of usefulness between a narrow and wide hotspot.

Personally I will recommend the TK10. The smoothness of the beam likely is the best I have seen and it's hard to find any suspicion of unevenness. It recalls of the kind of strong spotlight they use at concerts and circus, but with a hotspot.

Regards, Patric

Last edited:

steve328

Newly Enlightened
I work in Corrections on the evening shift and dependability is number one in my book. I have a TK10 and a Surefire 6P with a Lumens Factory D26 drop in. Both are great lights but I prefer the TK10 for the lower mode capability ( longer run time ). Both throw very well and have good spill. Maybe it's just me, but every time I pick up the TK10 I am impressed by how solid it feels. There's a lot of great lights out there but I feel very comfortable with the two I've got.

Policetacteam

Enlightened
Does this light ONLY have a momentary on or can it also be set to constant on. I realize this may be a stupid question but just curious!

gilly

Enlightened
Half press for momentary. Full press to "click" it on (constant). Press in to "click" again to turn off.

Great light - about 10 guys on our 20-man Tac Team bought them and to the man are very happy with them. Many use them on regular patrol duty as well and have dropped them, etc. many times - with no problems. They are rugged and reliable.

Another bonus you may not have considered - 4Sevens has a lifetime warranty on Fenix products. Check it out:

https://www.4sevens.com/information.php?info_id=5

Stay safe

Policetacteam

Enlightened
Thanks gilly,

One of the TEMS on out tac team is a Maxpedition dealer and now carries Fenix lights. I'm going to get a TK10 to try out and if it seems like its good to go we are going to put a departmental group buy together! Thanks for the reply!