Best M@gl!te P7 Reflector

Lookin4U

Newly Enlightened
I received my ElectroLumes M@gl!ite 3D SSC P7 conversion last week. Everything about the light is acceptable except the @#%&$ M@gl!te reflector. As far as I have ever been able to tell, they only designed this reflector so that you could decide how big the black splotch in the middle of your beam would be!
Anyway, I've seen the posts about KD's reflectors, Litho123's reflectors (which appear to be no longer available), and a yet to be announced Ledil P-7 specific optic. Most of what I've seen, though, appears to be one-off fabrications. What's available now and what's good for giving the largest wall of light/hot spot possible? (Got this as a close range flood/area light)

As an aside, anybody come up with something yet(TIR, lenses, reflectors, other optics...) to make the P-7 a decent to fantastic thrower???

Last edited:

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast
The "best" reflectors I know of are Fivemegas you can remove a KD reflector and drop in an FM and get 10% or so more light just by doing that. Right now he has excellent MOP ( for smooth floody beam) available with a large bore size (12.7mm) here for about 20.00$ Hope this helps.

Chodes

Flashlight Enthusiast
The cheap Kai/DX P7 reflector is good. I believe a sputtered Mag reflector is better though. I've done about 10 of them. I was trying to replicate the finish Mac gets , but did not quite manage. Mac reflector is more heavily sputtered , extremely smooth beam.
My reflectors range from almost as smooth as Mac , to only marginally smoother than stock Mag.

I won't be buying any more of the Kai/DX reflectors.

It's easy , just spray some clear spraypaint , trying to not to get a nice spray - ie the opposite to what you would normally do.

A plus for the Kai/DX , you can use the reflector when centreing the LED - epoxy the LED with the heatsink in the body and use the reflector to mount the LED perfectly centred on the heatsink.

serious sam

Newly Enlightened
A plus for the Kai/DX , you can use the reflector when centreing the LED - epoxy the LED with the heatsink in the body and use the reflector to mount the LED perfectly centred on the heatsink.

Good tip!

mitch79

Newly Enlightened
So far I've used 3 different reflectors in my P7 M@g's.

A cut down stock Mag reflector, which as you say gives a black hole in the centre of the beam.

KD Mag Cam/Camless MOP reflector with 15mm opening;
Not bad, tighter beam then the P7 reflector but not necessarily brighter. Still a hint of a doughnut to the beam.
Drop in fit, no mods needed.

SSC P7 reflector from KD or DX;
Cheapest of the lot, smooth beam, no doughnut. The outer lip does need filling down if you want the bezel to screw down properly.
Doing a side to side comparison to the KD Cam/Camless reflector, this reflector has a slightly larger and totally smooth hotspot. Surprisingly although the hotspot is larger it appears just as bright.

The cheap P7 reflector is my pick for beam quality.
As a bonus I think it also looks the best as you only see the die of the emitter.

Norm

Retired Administrator
^^
+1 to all of the above post.
The P7 reflector works very well and makes the light look like more of a finished job.
Norm