Darn IT!!!!

007Runner

Banned
I just came to this site to look around. Perhaps learn a thing or two and end up spending $110 on my first really good flashlight. Just purchased a Surefire EB1.
Took me over a hour to read the threads of excitement people have written about this light. I figure I must have made a good choice because so many pages of threads worshipping this light have been written.

I have a few questions if you would be so kind as to answer them:

So the eb1 has a TIR optic and not a reflector what is that?

How do you know when the battery is getting low?

Where is the best place to purchase Cr123 batteries?

No commercial in the world would have got me to spend 110 dollars on a flashlight, but after reading page after page of complex threads written by people that really know their flashlights seemed like a good deal! Darn you people, you cost me money.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
Welcome to our addic... er, hobby, 007! I've learned a great deal about quality flashlights here, yet I'm still learning. I haven't touched a $2 plastic flashlight in years because of this place!

:welcome:

lightsandknives

Enlightened
Darn you people, you cost me money.

:welcome:

My guess is the money part isn't over by a long shot........:broke:

It's really a fun, relatively low cost hobby, that will pay off many times over in real life situations. Let us know how you like the E1B when it shows up!

fireboltr

Enlightened
The E1B is a good light. Good choice!

Its funny how things work around here first youlle use whatever light source you can, then you find cpf and all of a sudden all those old light sources arent good enough for you.

waddup

Flashlight Enthusiast
wait till it arrives, and the sun goes down, and your out in the dark and you need some light and you turn it on.

SUNSHINE

im new to quality lights, they are amazing.:party:

thermal guy

Flashaholic
I just came to this site to look around. Perhaps learn a thing or two and end up spending $110 on my first really good flashlight. Just purchased a Surefire EB1.
Took me over a hour to read the threads of excitement people have written about this light. I figure I must have made a good choice because so many pages of threads worshipping this light have been written.

I have a few questions if you would be so kind as to answer them:

So the eb1 has a TIR optic and not a reflector what is that?

How do you know when the battery is getting low?

Where is the best place to purchase Cr123 batteries?

No commercial in the world would have got me to spend 110 dollars on a flashlight, but after reading page after page of complex threads written by people that really know their flashlights seemed like a good deal! Darn you people, you cost me money.

TIR means total internal reflection.It focuses all the light through an optic.You get more throw then a reflector but less flood

You should start to see a decrease in output when your battery is getting low.You might lose high all together and only have low.

If your not going to go through a ton of batteries I'd stick with surefire.They are some of the best :welcome:

zx7dave

Enlightened
For your E1B you might look into Lighthound.com for some AW RCR123 (Protected). This plus a $20 charger and you now have a rechargeable surefire.
While this is a great hobby...I can't say that I agree with it being cheap...you will soon find yourself justifying that 4th or 5th M6 and find yourself looking at Titan's on eBay later that day...but it is definately worth it..you get a great feeling when you get a new light in the mail.
There is a ton of informatioin here..read, read, read...

csshih

Flashlight Enthusiast
:welcome:eek:f course.

resist the urge to get a few more lights :)

have fun with your light and post about it when you get it!

1996alnl

Enlightened
Yep,those Surefires are sure addictive.
If you like the beam on your E1B wait till you see an E2DL!:devil:

Take care

007Runner

Banned
At over a $100 a pop my wife will hit me over the head with the next one I order. Ordered from LA Police Gear, won't have it till the 18th. CA to NY takes forever UPS ground.

Is the clip removable? If it is, does it leave a big gap? Does this flashlight have a duty cycle? What I mean by this is at 80 lumen's the whole unit must get very hot. So a certain number of min on, then you turn it off for a few min to cool.