DIY my first flashlight

outdoorslight

Newly Enlightened
i decide to make my first flashlight.i like 18650 inchargable battery,it is suite to 2piece cr123 too.i like the torch body,but not satisfaction with the focus cup

95864484tn3.jpg

Last edited:

Liberty1992

Newly Enlightened
it sorta sounds like he made it and is unhappy with certain parts, but I'm just guessing, its hard to tell exactly what he's trying to say

jimhoff

Newly Enlightened
I [was] very interested in [getting a good] flashlight [but] the aluminium flashlights [are] not cheap [enough] for me.

So i decide[d] to make my first flashlight. I like the 18650 [rechargeable] battery, it is [switchable] to 2 piece of cr123 too. I like the [flashlight] body, but not satisf[ied] with the focus cup[.]

http://img143.imageshack.us/my.php?image=95864484tn3.jpg

Good job on the light BTW. Nice machine work. ;)

Gunner12

Flashaholic
Nice work!

What LED are you using in it?
You can also buy premade reflectors which might fit what you want the light to do.

:welcome:

d_rasp

Newly Enlightened
Great design - unique and looks like it'd be nice in the hand. Would love to see more pictures of your light! :)

KowShak

Enlightened
From what I can see the machining is nice, with a good surface finish before the coating was put on. I like the pattern too. The only downside I can see is that there are no 'O' rings, your light isn't waterproof!

Liberty1992

Newly Enlightened
From what I can see the machining is nice, with a good surface finish before the coating was put on. I like the pattern too. The only downside I can see is that there are no 'O' rings, your light isn't waterproof!
thats a good point, if you're going to remake this one to fix the problems you have with it, or you just want to make another, put some o rings on it