Home Depot 1AA Lights (pair)

flashlife

Enlightened
Last edited:

Mr Happy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Harbor Freight 1AA Lights (pair)

Just thought I'd mention...that's not Harbor Freight, that's Home Depot... :thinking:

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
I am guessing 0.5watt LEDs in them or 5mm ones for that price.

(changed title to match posters changed title)

AFAustin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice find (this will probably be moved to CPFMP "Good Deals"). Thanks for posting it.

I wish you could pick these up at the store and avoid shipping---that would really make them a heckuva bargain.

sol-leks

Flashlight Enthusiast
the build looks nice, they actually look a bit like a light i just bought recently online. I really like the look detachable strap.

kramer5150

Flashaholic
Looks a lot like a rebrand of this...
http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0275488

-15L
-5-6 hour run times off alkaline
-Horrid failure prone reverse clicky
-Good regulation
-Smooth floody beam
-plastic lens/reflector
-no water resistance
-purple color tint

I have had 2/3 of these lights fail, in total $18 to get one good light. IMHO your $$$ is better spent on an E01, Gerber tempo or SL Microstream. Lighthound sells the streamlight nano for $5.99, IMHO thats a better deal.

Although $5 for a pair seems tempting, assuming you can get one of them to work.

Last edited:

flashlife

Enlightened
-15L
-Good regulation
-Smooth floody beam
-plastic lens/reflector
-no water resistance
-purple color tint

I have had 2/3 of these lights fail, in total $18 to get one good light. IMHO your $$$ is better spent on an E01, Gerber tempo or SL Microstream. Lighthound sells the streamlight nano for $5.99, IMHO thats a better deal.

Although $5 for a pair seems tempting, assuming you can get one of them to work.

Yep, looks the same...thanks, Kramer.
At MicroCenter are they package where you can actually handle them? ...
or do they use that nuclear-reactor-shielding-material-plastic-clamshell that takes a chainsaw to open??

Will another clicky or an IQ switch fit the tail to replace the stock horrid one??

kramer5150

Flashaholic
Yep, looks the same...thanks, Kramer.
At MicroCenter are they package where you can actually handle them? ...
or do they use that nuclear-reactor-shielding-material-plastic-clamshell that takes a chainsaw to open??

Will another clicky or an IQ switch fit the tail to replace the stock horrid one??

They are blister packed IIRC, just hanging on peg-board.
I couldn't figure out how to get the switch pill out, I think its pressed in.

Highly unrecommended... not even to tinker/play with. the thread machining on these lights is terrible to say the least.

p1fiend

Newly Enlightened
They're " Online Only"...not stocked in the store...

Please click my link and then "Ad scans".

These WILL BE IN STORES, but since they are black friday items, you obviously won't see them until black friday. They are one time buy items, not something HD regularly stocks.

flashlife

Enlightened
...(Pics Omitted)
-15L
-Good regulation
-Smooth floody beam
-plastic lens/reflector
-no water resistance
-purple color tint

I was by Microcenter today and stopped in and found the light Kramer5150 reviewed above. Luckily, some were not in blister packs, so I could handle them. I dropped in the Energizer lithium from my 1AA EDC to shine this cheapy around the store, test the clicky, etc. The light seems dim for only 5-6 hr off an alkaline...and purple, as Kramer said, and the threading did, in fact, suck. The body is thin Al and the price was $6.99. They came in black and a bright blue body color. The display said "Inland Ultrabright 1 LED", but no flashlights come up when I Google that.

These 'open', handleable lights did not have the keychain lanyard like the Home Depot lights show, but the Micro Center also had the same light, blister packed, with the keychain.

Soooo, bottom line, after looking closely at these little beamers, I wouldn't buy one for $6.99...but I might spring to the 2-for-$4.97 at Home Depot, IF they have them in the store, where I can test'em in the parking lot right after I buy them. My local HD, this AM, was unsure-to-doubtful if these lights would actually be available in the store during the Black Friday sale...I'll have to go there and check.

snowlover91

Flashlight Enthusiast
So did anyone get these from HD? I am gonna check ours out and see if they are there, was advertised in our paper.

Tekstyle

Newly Enlightened
I just bought one this morning. the built quality is kind of cheap. but not like it will break under abuse. It's not that bright, but it works fine if you are trying to find something at night in your car or something. I tried to disassemble the head but the board seems to be stamped to the housing. you might need to drill the spots to remove and replace the LED. I am not sure if there's a LED driver. however, there's some space between where the board contacts the battery and the level of the LED.