flashlight/nightlight combo

1-3-2-4

Newly Enlightened
I have one of these lights that runs off 4 1.2V Nicad cells the LED for the flashlight works but I wonder if I can make it a little brighter?

also the LED for the nightlight just one day just went :poof: and stopped working.. it's a cheap light but I was wondering about it.

Derek Dean

Flashlight Enthusiast
Howdy 1-3-2-4 and welcome to CPF,
It's possible that changing the four 1.2 volt batteries out for 4 Energizer e2 lithium batteries might make it a bit brighter...... but might also cost more than the light is worth.

Depending on the light, it might also be possible to replace the current LED with a newer, more efficient LED. You might want to spend a bit of time over in the Homemade and Modified Lights forum:
http://candlepowerforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=17

However, I've got a feeling you might be better served by doing a bit of holiday shopping for a new light. There are many inexpensive lights with new generation LEDs hitting the shelves now, so spend some time reading about them here to help you find one that will fit your needs.

By the way, in case you missed it, be sure and check out the CPF Welcome Mat page...... it's full of links to threads and articles that will help answer many of your questions:
http://candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=172991

1-3-2-4

Newly Enlightened
yeah I know but what i did find was one of the resistors burned up also leaving it's mark on the LED wire as well. which is why the night light part wont work but the power fail LED light still does..

it has 3 Ni-cad batters at 350mAh each I wonder if I could put a brighter LED in.

all in all not worth really fixing but something to do while waiting for my SSC P7's to arrive

1-3-2-4

Newly Enlightened
hmm replaced the flashlight part to a brighter LED but the nightlight part started to glow really dim.. I guess the photoresistors must be bad.