Would like to see Jet Pro-III I.B.S. compared to some other lights

choaticwhisper

Enlightened
Ive looked at just about all the reviews and I was wanting to see some photos or just opinons comparing the jetbeam to some everday objects or other lights I have, P3d, surefire 6p, or the d10.

Im looking for a edc replacement for my p3d, plus wanting a 18650 light. I think that this light could be edc'ed pretty well, down side is no holster but pocket clip is a big plus.
Regulation is the only plus for this light over some of the others.

Wattnot

Enlightened
I did a review of this light some time ago here. I compared it to a Dereelight CL1H with the 1S pill. The Jetbeam III IBS would blow away the lights you mentioned as would the CL1H. It wouldn't even be a fair comparision.

Ive looked at just about all the reviews and I was wanting to see some photos or just opinons comparing the jetbeam to some everday objects or other lights I have, P3d, surefire 6p, or the d10.

civic77

Newly Enlightened
I have the Jetbeam Pro III and Fenix P3D Q5 and I think the Jetbeam is a great choice, esp. if you are looking at a light that can throw pretty decent. Compared to my P3D the Jetbeam seems to have a whiter tint while the Fenix is greenish at low level and more white at high power.

The Jetbeam throws alot further than the P3D and the spill that it has is brighter than the Fenix (although it may be the tint). However I like the Fenix more indoors because has a wider spill pattern and with the Jetbeam sometimes you get glare bouncing back due to the bright hotspot it has.

I think the Jetbeam is more impressive if your planning on using it outdoors. I think it is a really good looking light although that is personal opinion and seems to be built very well and is programable. The only thing I don't like is with 18650 batteries they die without warning and you are left in the dark, make sure to bring spares. Just my humble opinion but you should be happy with it.

choaticwhisper

Enlightened
Thanks, that sounds great. I guess like a true flashaholic ill carry 2-3 lights. Ive found myself outside alot recently. I love my zebra light h-30 for close up inside work. but the p3d is just great power that will light in the inside of just about anything.
Sounds like the jet is just what Ive been missing.