Fenix T1 vs. TK10

Policetacteam

Enlightened
Ok...I'm a bit behind the Fenix curve! I continue to see pics of the Fenix T1 in several threads, which I think is one of the nicest looking looking Fenix tactical lights. I assume that it is the older version of the TK10. Can anyone shed some light on how old it is and how it compares to the newer TK10. I may have to add one to the collection.

MrGman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok...I'm a bit behind the Fenix curve! I continue to see pics of the Fenix T1 in several threads, which I think is one of the nicest looking looking Fenix tactical lights. I assume that it is the older version of the TK10. Can anyone shed some light on how old it is and how it compares to the newer TK10. I may have to add one to the collection.

Except for the outside shape of the housing, it is the exact same light. same output, same guts, same battery type. The TK10 was a housing modification basically because no one liked the grip of the original light was the non removable clip. Some will come on and say it can be removed but it was originally not intended to do so. The removable grip ring of the TK10 as a design feature is a plus. The light output is identical to the T1. I cut the clip off mine and put a Surefire grip ring on it and it basically works great like the TK10 and never looked back.

Policetacteam

Enlightened
I did some fairly extensive Google searching on reviews. The more I look at this light the more I like, at least aesthetically speaking, better than the TK10. In some pics it appeared to have a smooth reflector but in others it had an orange peel reflector!?! I would prefer an OP for my line of work. Just curious. Also...what is the average price for one of these bad boys now?

Sabre

Newly Enlightened
The T1 is out of production. I dunno where to find one. Both the T1 and TK10 have an orange-peel reflector.

I use a T1 on duty as a police officer in Michigan. Anything in particular you want to know?

MrGman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Its orange peel only reflector. Price was down in the $55 range, then $49, then back in the fifties, good luck finding one.

It really is no different than your TK10 functionally and not as easy to grip in the original condition.

Policetacteam

Enlightened
That pretty much answers all of my questions. I will have to see if I can hunt one down for cheap. Prices on Ebay are upper 60's to low 70's which seems kind of high for a light no longer being produced. I love my TK10 and the T1 just looks beefier. I will keep looking. If anyone sees one for a reasonable price (low 50's) please PM me. Thanks. Paul