The zebralight and heat dissapation...

tempman

Newly Enlightened
I have always been hesitant to purchase a zebralight because I feel that the led is being driven too high for its size. I especially am concerned with the newest model that takes the 18650's. Sure the new one is bigger, but it appears to be driven even higher. I know these things are really high quality, and I know they wouldn't put a light into production that would eventually :poof: (figurativley speaking). I am more concerned with the thing getting way too hot to touch after being on high for a while.

also, in addition to a fenix tk11, would this thing put a decent ammount of flood for the first 6 feet in front of me on my bicycle?

nars42

Newly Enlightened
I wouldn't use an all flood light to light my way on a bike, I have a H50 that I wear while commuting and I think it's great for adding in some flood and increasing my visability (it looks really bright from almost any angle) but the light doesn't really hit the road. I have 2 Fenix L1T's up front that are floody but that focus the light nicely on the road. By the way, I personally avoid rechargeble lithiums for my lights so I wouldn't get either the H60 or the TK11.