2nd Cree version of SureFire E2L?

Splunk_Au

Enlightened
Ok so the last time i checked the SureFire website a few months back, they already had the "Improved Performace" E2L with dual output rated at 6 hours on high.

Now what seems to be the very same "Improved Performance" E2L on the site advertises it at 11 hours on high.

So is this a newer one or what?

KeyGrip

Flashlight Enthusiast
More likely they just changed it to be like their other runtime specs. The light probably has 6 hours on high with 5 hours "useable" light.

Grox

Flashlight Enthusiast
But I thought SureFire doesn't over-rate their specs, why would they change 6 to 11 hours when its exactly the same model using the Cree LED?

Marketing, I suppose. 'Usable light' is a silly way to rate a light. I'd much have runtime curves.

By the way, us Melburnians are having a CPF meet in mid January - :) you're welcome to come! https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/214098

seale_navy

Enlightened
well if u read a review that the surefire outdoorman e2l have a flat regulation of 60 lumes on high though..

i think that is really good. but kinda pricey for that performance. but thats is the magical thing of surefire

1996alnl

Enlightened
Someone correct me if i'm wrong.
I believe the E2L has flat regulation for 9hrs on high (2xSF CR123's) with a couple hrs of diminishing light.
That's outstanding if you ask me.

Last edited:

Size15's

Flashaholic
I suggest that a direct comparison of output/runtime between an E2L (KX2 dual output) purchased at around the time it was released, and one that has the new runtime rating to confirm whether there are any differences :popcorn:

Splunk_Au

Enlightened
That would probably be the best, but how can we tell which is which?

It looks like both have the same yellow sticker on which says dual output.