UK 2L will not work with Surefire batteries

jtivat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just bought a UK 2L and discovered that it would not work with Surefire batteries, but it worked just fine with the Duracell's that came with it. Upon further investigation I figured out that the positive end does not make contact with the lamp. The SF's positive post is just a bit shorter than the Duracell's I also received a UK Q40 at the same time and the lamp in it had the same problem when swapped into the UK 2L however the lamp from my UK 4AA worked just fine. I bought the light from Brightguy and they are shipping me a new lamp free of charge to try out. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Size15's

Flashaholic
I opened up my 2L and found it had SF123As in it - I've put a few sets of SF123As through it.
I found some SF123As with the new SureFire Logo (rather than the block/sharp font logo) and they work too.
My 2L Lamp as a "4" on the reflector as it's only identifying mark...

Al

brightnorm

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
jtivat said:
I just bought a UK 2L and discovered that it would not work with Surefire batteries, but it worked just fine with the Duracell's that came with it. Upon further investigation I figured out that the positive end does not make contact with the lamp. The SF's positive post is just a bit shorter than the Duracell's I also received a UK Q40 at the same time and the lamp in it had the same problem when swapped into the UK 2L however the lamp from my UK 4AA worked just fine. I bought the light from Brightguy and they are shipping me a new lamp free of charge to try out. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

jtivat,

The black UK lamps stamped "480" will not always work in the 2L, but they will in the 4AA/Q40. The 2L usually comes with a natural color reflector and the two bigger lights come with the 480. The 480 has a much more consistant beam than the others. It tends to be very focused and bright, but narrow.

I've only been using SF batteries in my 2L's. I'll try others to see what happens. I've tried putting a solder bump on the lamp end but that doesn't always work, though I'm not sure why.

Brightnorm

kakster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Al has lights other than Surefires? Jeez, who'd a thunk it

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif