Lowest Low Fenix

Chewy

Newly Enlightened
Guys-

I'm getting a little closer, but have another question. I think I'm sold on the Lego design of Fenix, so I'll get a P2d RB 100 (1xCR123) and get extra bodies for 1xAA (L1D) and 2xAA (L2D).

Now, there's been a lot written that Fenix's lows are not as low as they could be. If I go with the above format, I would still like to add an extra low light. Does Fenix make one or shall I just bite the bullet and go EX10/D10 or T10C?

Another question, if you don't mind, does the D20 body work on the D10 head?

Also, how come companies don't make adjustable flood/throw styles any more? I'd really like to see more of those!

(Selfbuilt- Thanks for pointing me at the iTP line. Looks promising.)

Last edited:

Zatoichi

Flashlight Enthusiast
Also, how come companies don't make adjustable flood/throw styles any more? I'd really like to see more of those!

If you mean where you focus the beam like with Maglites, the Fenix E20 does this. I think the Dereelight CL1H with SSC P4 module can too.

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Welcome to CPF, Chewy. The Fenix lows are not quite low enough for my liking, but not bad at around 10 lumens for the P2D, L1D, L2D head. I started with an L2D Cree and later got 1AA and 1CR123 bodies. It's a nice setup, but the call for a lower low, and other great features forced me to buy the LiteFlux LF3XT. This is another you should consider as an alternate to the EX10. As useful as a 2AA light can be I haven't used that Fenix body since I got the others, and I probably won't use the P2D setup much, either, since getting the LiteFlux. I'd say get an L1D for a solid efficient 1AA light, skip the other Fenix bodies, and get one of the slick 1CR123 lights. Later, if you really need the long runtime option of 2AA the tubes you can get it.

Geoff

BabyDoc

Flashlight Enthusiast
I believe the lowest low on a Fenix is on the E01, which is only a keychain light with 1 fixed setting, probably under 10 lumens. It has a very disappointing purple tint.

I agree with FlyingTurtle. The LF3XT is a great light, with a low around 0.250 lumens.

nerdgineer

Flashlight Enthusiast
I believe the lowest low is the low setting on the old style Luxeon Fenix L0D which is about 3 lumens. It just so happens this light is closing out at $23. Shipping is free if you can make up a $25 order. I like mine a lot.

Chewy

Newly Enlightened
Flying Turtle- I think you're on to something. I was doing more research last night and stumbled onto the LF3XT. I think that's exactly what I'm going to get...and did you see that there's rumor of a 2AA body? The two UI's are right up my alley as I love to tinker and play with my toys.

Thank you, and I'll let y'all know what I eventually purchase.