Improvement over SF6P w/R2?

farmer17

Newly Enlightened
About 6 months ago I bought a SureFire 6P that cost me 42 bucks shipped with batts, and I installed a $16 R2 bulb from DX. I am very happy with the light and the mod but I was wondering how much of an improvement the new lights are over what I already have. I like simple on/off lights with no other modes and don't want to spend much more than what I have invested in my SureFire. Any recommendations?

Yoda4561

Flashlight Enthusiast
For a simple on/off light you aren't going to get much better than a 6p + dropin. I don't put much trust in the cheap electronics in those though, a malkoff would be a big step up in reliability and perhaps beam quality, but it probably won't be much brighter if any.

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have 3 Surefire 6P's. At first I had the Dx R2 and the Q5, but then once I had the Malkoff M60 there was no return. Outdoors the Malkoff beam outdoes anything I have.

Also, I purchased the push on/off caps from DX. Took out the guts and put them in my 6P's. Now, all my lights are clickies.

The R2 is great and even greater due to the cost, but once you get something like a Malkoff you have to appreciate the quality and craftmanship.