I did it. A new light!1

DC Plumber

Newly Enlightened
Ok,

I had posted a while back that I was leaning toward one of the Fenix lights. Well, I stumbled onto some EagleTac links and found one that I liked the features of better, and for the $$, seemed like a good place to start. It is IMPOSSIBLE to buy just one light, right? So, I needed a good benchmark.

The one feature that I really wanted was the momentary on/off tailpiece. Also, I don't need 3 different levels with strobe.

So I bought the EagleTac P10A which is a 1AA @ 130 lumens on high for 1.2 hours, and just twist the end and get 37 lumens for 8 hours.

I also like the bright steel ring on the reflector, adds a nice touch. My light arrived yesterday and finally had time to do a simple comparison to my other LEDs. So I went bargin basement on new batteries for fun. Three lights got new Duracell coppertops. The other lights are my 2D MagLED and my 2nd most recent light, a 3AAA Coleman MAX LED from Walmart, which on the box it came in says it has a Cree LED and puts out 115 lumens.

I realized finally that I like the output of the 2D MagLED because it is adjustable and does have a nice tight beam that does reach out pretty good and last many many hour on 2D batteries.

I used my wife as an assistant judge. She has no knowledge of the 3 light but could clearly see that at the 100' distance to the mound system that the EagleTac kicked butt in everyway. The Coleman came in 2nd with a similar beam, just not as bright, and well, the Mag came in last with a dimmer but tighter beam.

So it is no surprise that as a EDC, you can't go wrong with an EagleTac P10A. It appears to be very well made and is an attractive light and shines very nicely. The Coleman with the blue and red LED options, just by twisting the reflector, will serve its purpose just fine while deer hunting, and my 2D MagLED with still lay on the floor next to my side of the bed where I can easliy grab it while still half asleep when I need to get out bed, and it could serve as a nice club if needed.

In the future, I'll probably get a decent LED drop in for my G2 and thus have a quality 123 2 cell.

I am very happy with the EagleTAC and can't wait to see what I buy next.