New but want $100-150 light

electric sheep

Enlightened
As i have posted before i sold my 6p not knowing about the various drop In's and bought an Angel A 180 lumen on 14500. I like the Wolf Eyes but now want something brighter with more throw and preferably running 18650 or 123 rechargeables as I already have a charger(the 14500 can charge them) I fancy a Dereelight but also like the look of a Jet Beam. Any ideas on the best lumen's for my money with the best throw? The UI just needs a low fro battery conservation in emergency as i have a headlight i use for close work. Thanks for your time. please remember i am new to this and have had very little time to research, Thanks stephen.

The Sun

Enlightened
i would go for the Dereelight CL1H v4. i love that light. plus like the Surefire you sold it can always be upgraded by either Deree drop-in's or any other P60 sized drop-in (Malkoff, etc.). it throws very well and you would want to get the 3SD drop-in from Deree, so you can run the light at 1.2a (brighter) and also run it with 1x18650:twothumbs

Toaster

Enlightened
Best for throw hands down is Dereelight DBS V3 with R2 WH emitter. It'll be available in about a week.

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
Best for throw hands down is Dereelight DBS V3 with R2 WH emitter. It'll be available in about a week.

where?????

Dereelight's been around long enough now where I'm ready to give them try! looks like I may pass on the Tiablo A10 and get the best thrower!

electric sheep

Enlightened
How good are the eagletac compared to Dereelight? No lumen's on the dereelight site. I am in the UK so will be ordering from US. These two makes look like my best bet so far but which one? Or is there something else lurking?

waddup

Flashlight Enthusiast
As i have posted before i sold my 6p not knowing about the various drop In's and bought an Angel A 180 lumen on 14500. I like the Wolf Eyes but now want something brighter with more throw and preferably running 18650 or 123 rechargeables as I already have a charger(the 14500 can charge them) I fancy a Dereelight but also like the look of a Jet Beam. Any ideas on the best lumen's for my money with the best throw? The UI just needs a low fro battery conservation in emergency as i have a headlight i use for close work. Thanks for your time. please remember i am new to this and have had very little time to research, Thanks stephen.

what is your intended use of this light?

electric sheep

Enlightened
Intended use is for wild camping when long distance identification may be required or day-lighting camping area(on occasion) it will also double as back up to my main head torch but will be my main tactical carry for everyday use. I shoot and am a keen field archer(illegal in UK) but i hunt abroad. I have not paid as much attention to torches(flashlights) as other equipment but have caught the bug.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
The Eagletac won't be anywhere close to the Dereelight in throw due to the Eagletac's smaller reflector.

How far is long distance?

You can also buy the Dereelight from Dereelight themselves. IIRC they use EMS shipping for their lights so it should arrive pretty quickly.

Ryanrpm

Enlightened
I recommend the Eagle 8w from www.powerledlighting.com. It throws over 600 ft and is over 300 lumens on turbo. I actually have a few camera shots of it touching a building 1000ft away. Their tints are cooler than most, so ask them for a warmer tint if you go with them....if that's your thing.

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
DBS V2 MC-E check out their beamshots on their site, looks to be the same amount of throw as a V2 Q5 but with much larger hotspot and more spill.

WELCOME TO CPF!!!

Last edited:

electric sheep

Enlightened
Eagle 8W just does not seem as aesthetically pleasing as Dereelight or even Jetbeam. The Dreelight is coming out as my first choice so far unless someone knows of anything else? Will consider a bit more money for a custom or a light from this site but i need help as a novice. Thanks for help so far:) Little sad i have had only two welcomes to the site but maybe i am just not interesting enough.

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast
Get yourself two decent "normal lights"!

I could recommend an Eagletac T10C2 for the power, though I personnally preffer my Fenix TK10. An Olight M20 Warrior is also first choice, it just has another UI.

Than have an Olight T10 (longer), a Fenix PD20 (shorter) or even a Fenix P1D (shortest) which you can have always in your pocket.

In my opinion that would be a better option than one expensive light!

electric sheep

Enlightened
Already settled on Dereelight but now need to choose option. Will order from US direct to UK as a helpful member from the UK PM'd me. Just make up my mind on battery choice now.

electric sheep

Enlightened
Want to order from Dereelight but worried about tax and shipping to UK. The UK sell them but not with R2 upgrade. Dereelight Cl1H-V4 3SD Cree Q5 is £54 in UK but no R2 but if i get stung for tax it will be so much more from Dereelight themselves.

electric sheep

Enlightened
Just ordered the V4 with R2 and charger with two 18560's as they are so cheap with light. Hope it does not take to long from China:kiss:

electric sheep

Enlightened
Thanks for all your help:kiss: I have made i mistake and ordered the extension tube for the 3sd:eek: What a numpty i am. Will have to asky my lady if i can buy another pill that will run the extension tube:eek::p