Did Your McLux Replace Your ARC-LSx ?

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
It depends on the reflector/optics used... Because I swapped in an NX05, my Arc now gets replaced... I doubt I'll forgo my Arc if the McLux still had it's McFlood with it...

Carpe Diem

Flashlight Enthusiast
I carry both...

And then some.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Gone Jeepin

Enlightened
I just got my McLux the other day and am using as EDC. It is still strange to reach in the pocket and not pull an LSx out. The McFlood beam is nice and very useful. The color is also very good. I am not sure how the McLux will eventually fit into my EDC routines, but I will certainly say that at this stage it certainly has the power, size, fit and finish to be a contender. This is definately a light that I will carry and use.
Because I only bought 1 of these little gems, I would be heartbroken if anything were to happen to it. I have 2 Arc LSx models and would at least have another to carry. (In all truth, if anything happened to either of my Arcs I would be ordering another with express shipping as soon as I got in front of a computer again.)

dtsoll

Enlightened
Anybody got a picture of a McLux? I would like to see one. thanks. dtsoll /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
McLux01.JPG

dtsoll

Enlightened
Thanks FalconFX,
That is one nice lookin light /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif You folks are indeed lucky. I can only wish........ dtsoll

KDC

Newly Enlightened
The McLux is a limited edition work of art, which is also useful
as a flashlight. I would never take it anywhere it could become
lost. So while it is quite useful at home, it is not the EDC.

The Arc LS, OTOH, is a little more compact and rugged (as in hard
anodized), and if it were lost could be replaced for mere money.
So, it gets carried out into the big world even though it is a
little dimmer and not as fine looking.

BuddTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes it did, but then, I had an older LS Second.

I also replaced the McFlood with the NX-05 optics.

It is funny, because I wanted a "clickie" tailcap, but grew to like the compact nature of the ARC LS with the 123.

Note that, for a long time, I did not carry the ARC LS at all, because the 123 batteries were too expensive, but now that SureFire has 123A batteries at 12 for 15 dollars, hey, it's a bargain!

When the ARC LS4 comes out, it should be an interesting time to see if the LS4 replaces my McLux!

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm with KDC on this. I usually find myself reluctant to take out the McLux outside of home. People fiddling around with it, turning it and poking it. Pulling the battery out, staring into the lens, clicking like a madman...

It's mine! All mine! My preeeciouuuussssss....
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif