I'm a hypocrite

glockbob

Newly Enlightened
Whenever I look through threads I always get disappointed if there are no pictures. Yet I have never posted a picture in a thread on any forum.

Is there a slang term for my hypocrisy on CPF?

How about, unenlightened?

RA40

Flashlight Enthusiast
It isn't as easy to simply click reply then attach an image.

For me to post a pic here: I log in to my other web based account, select control panel to access the main area, select the HTML file holding area, click through 3 levels to the folder, upload the image, note location, image tag it to my post and there it is. Not a simple click step like attaching a picture to the reply. :( If it is a common picture and I don't recall the name, I get to go through the above to fish for it...not fun. Every forum is a bit different.

Cuso

Flashlight Enthusiast
Imageshack.com

1. load picture
2. copy link
3. post in forum
4. enjoy- so easy a caveman could do it...

D-Dog

Enlightened
Imageshack.com

1. load picture
2. copy link
3. post in forum
4. enjoy- so easy a caveman could do it...

photobucket works the same way :p

They both can even auto-resize your pics to 800*600

PCC

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't know if it's just me or not but every time someone posts a thumbnail pointing back at imageshack I cannot see the larger picture by simply clicking on it. I don't know if it's because I'm not a member there or what. I really don't want to sign up there just to view pictures from people posting on this or any of the other forums I am a member of.

I use photobucket myself. It's free and easy to use. After posting a picture there I click on the text below it already with the UBB code and paste it directly into the posting here at CPF.

Cuso

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't know if it's just me or not but every time someone posts a thumbnail pointing back at imageshack I cannot see the larger picture by simply clicking on it. I don't know if it's because I'm not a member there or what. I really don't want to sign up there just to view pictures from people posting on this or any of the other forums I am a member of.

I use photobucket myself. It's free and easy to use. After posting a picture there I click on the text below it already with the UBB code and paste it directly into the posting here at CPF.
Ive never signed up with Imageshack, but I always post the resized complete picture in my threads, I don't see the need to post a thumbnail when you're given the option of posting the whole picture. Yet, ive never encountered problems either when clicking on the thumbnails of other people, i have to give Photobucket a try sometime....

Black Rose

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't know if it's just me or not but every time someone posts a thumbnail pointing back at imageshack I cannot see the larger picture by simply clicking on it.
Same thing happens with me.

Imageshack changed the way thumbnail links display recently.
I have to press the refresh button to actually get the picture to show now...never used to.

Black Rose

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you are going to say this, you should include an explanation.
The problems PCC and myself have had lately, popups that get displayed depending on how the user that creates the thumbnail that you have to click on.

There are two ways of doing it...one that simply takes you to the image, the other that takes you to the image and also displays a popup that gets past most popup blockers.

GeorgeMaggos

Newly Enlightened
My experience is similar to some other members I use photobucket without a problem & it works on all the forums I am a member of :twothumbs

I have the same challenge with the thumbnails & imageshack I never see the photo so I just never click on them anymore :sigh: if it is hosted I dont get why it is not full sized so you dont have to click on it :thinking:

~George

StarHalo

Flashaholic
If you use an image server in the southern hemisphere, some of the images may appear differently through the interweb tubes due to the latitude difference of perspective.

AriaTilt.jpg