Complete Fenix P1D Confusion

Albinoni

Banned
A while back I bought a Fenix P1D torch here in Perth, WA. I choose this little bugger cause of its size and output it gives out plus I use it alot in my job. Now I know for sure mine has the 5 modes but I am confused to whether it's a Fenix P1D Premium Q5 or P1D CE. Also I know mine does have the Cree 7090 XR-E LED, but the Q5 I believe also uses that same LED. The only thing is mine doesnt have the small Premium Q5 print written on the barrel head just near the glass, but were there Premium Q5's made that did not have this writing and perhaps the 2nd generation did.

Forgot to ask but which is the Fenix website that offers free shipping worldwide ?

P1 CE on left. Notice the brass ring between the head and body. Only one level of light. Mine has been run over by two cars after I dropped it in the street and it still shines like it was new.

P1 D Q5 on right. "Premium Q5" displayed on head. Five levels (med, high, low, strobe, sos)

P1s.jpg

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
well, effectively 4seven.com and fenix-store.com are the same place, just under differnt names, resumable cos 4sevens (also a member here) owns both, started a new one, cos a place called fenix -store was selling a majority of nitecore/olight etc stuff....

The P1D XREs are basically older bins. THey go anywhere from P4s to Q2s. In fact last i heard, 4sevens said that most of them were Q2s by now, as P4s were starting to be hard to find anyway.

Crenshaw

Albinoni

Banned
P1 CE Q5 on left. Notice the brass ring between the head and body. Only one level of light. Mine has been run over by two cars after I dropped it in the street and it still shines like it was new.

P1 D Q5 on right. "Premium Q5" displayed on head. Five levels (med, high, low, strobe, sos)

P1s.jpg

Hope this helps.

Ok thanks alot. Now mine has got 5 levels of light and it says P1D, I think your photos are slightly wrong. Like in my post I mentioned there was a P1D Premium Q5 and a P1D, your black one is your photo says P1 only. Also I belive the Premium Q5 only came with a OP reflector but dont quote me on that, where mine came with a smooth.

Also do we get a discount from here if you buy off 4Sevens ?

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
the earlier P1D- CE was rated 135, correct, but aparently, there were over performing P1D-Ce that were actually Q2s.

Im thiking that if yours as an OP reflector, and has no writing, its probably an older P1D, with either a P4 or up to a Q2 in there. :)

Crenshaw

LEDconvert

Newly Enlightened
I paid for my P2D on fenix-store using Paypal, so I assume 4Sevens use this as well - I think they are both run by the same operator. My L2D has Q5 Premium on the head, but I have no idea about what the difference is between the CE and Q versions in tech terms.

I'm thinking about using the L2D head with an L1D or P1D body, but in the Fenix parts section of the website, it says L1D bodies are ONLY compatible with the L1D CE, L2D CE and P2D heads. I must email fenix store to enquire whether they fit the L2D Q5 heads too. Surely there is no difference in thread/size???

mossyoak

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Southland with a RedBull in one hand and iPhon
I paid for my P2D on fenix-store using Paypal, so I assume 4Sevens use this as well - I think they are both run by the same operator. My L2D has Q5 Premium on the head, but I have no idea about what the difference is between the CE and Q versions in tech terms.

I'm thinking about using the L2D head with an L1D or P1D body, but in the Fenix parts section of the website, it says L1D bodies are ONLY compatible with the L1D CE, L2D CE and P2D heads. I must email fenix store to enquire whether they fit the L2D Q5 heads too. Surely there is no difference in thread/size???

yours good to go an emitter wont make a lick of difference on compatibility.

TONY M

Flashlight Enthusiast
BigusLightus, I thought you had dropped you're P1 while mowing the lawn! ;)
Good to know it still works.

My error. Thinking I had two Q5s I misidentified my P1 CE as a Q5. I've looked at all my receipts and realized I do have two Q5s. One is natural color P1D above and the other is a P2D Q5.

Here is my problem: I have so many lights I can no longer keep track of them all. I promise to do better in the future.

Thanks

Albinoni

Banned
I am 100% sure that when I bought my torch on the back of the box there was a black sticker with white writiing that said Cree LED XR-E 1050 or something like that (Premium Q5). But like I said it hasn't got the word Premium Q5 written on the head bezel and according to 4 Sevens Website all the Premium Q5's that were made or came out only came with a OP reflector not smooth reflector.

Here:

https://www.4sevens.com/product_info.php?cPath=22_65&products_id=354

The silly thing is that I threw out my box :mecry: