Need your advice

YourTime

Newly Enlightened
HI

A friend of mine will be heading into the army soon and he asked me to recommend him a light. This light must have low mode that last longer than Zebra H60.

Zebra H60 claim "Low: 0.5 lm (26 days)"

Things that he wants:

Battery : 18650 or Rcr123
Small size for EDC
Pocket clip would be nice but no big deal if there is none.

So is there any light out there that can have lower than 0.5Lumens which give extra long run time ?

0.2 lumen would be nice or some where nearby.

I need your expertise advice

Thanks

Jarl

Flashlight Enthusiast

Why does he want more than 26 days continuous light?

It's going to be pretty tricky to beat the zebralight. It uses a 18650, which has a lot of energy to start with, and then has a very low low level, using very little power, meaning you end up with more than 600 hours runtime. To put that in perspective, the L2D has about 60 hours on it's lowest mode.

If he just wants lower output, that's doable, but more runtime is going to be tricky.

Last edited:

YourTime

Newly Enlightened
Yes 26 days continuously on low is crazy. He has tested out my h60 on low mode and said it still alittle bright to walk in pitch black environment. So he wanted a light that can do 0.2 lumen would be nice which will give him longer run time.

Im not exactly sure why he wanted a light last alot longer than 26 days.

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
He WILL NOT be able to take the light with him to BASIC or AIT.

It WILL get stolen if he leaves it anywhere but his pocket.

WHEN he ships out to the sandbox there will be plenty of CR123's to use. Blantantly ignore the 18650/RCR123's request. When and where will they get recharged? A rechargable only set-up is not a good idea for duty use IME.

A LOW low would be nice for him to have, 0.2 will be a good runtime!

I bet his requirements will change drastically after he is done with training and change yet again after he actually ships out.

Last edited:

Derek Dean

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, the NovaTac 120P does .08 lumens for a bit more than a month of continuous on time using a CR123.....of course it does use RCR123 batteries too.

Personally I recommend the use of a pocket leash to keep track of this fine light. CPF member greenLED makes some fine items along those lines.

Latest posts