Ultrafire 502B Aspherical Mod

rizky_p

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought 28mm Aspherical Lens(glass) from KD few months ago for different purpose. The lens diameter fits the front opening nicely like it made for it. It still using the original reflector, i have to think a way to remove the reflector and make the module sit tight inside the tube in order to get better result. it isnt as clean as maglite aspherical mod with the reflector removed but for a quick mod the result is surprisingly good.

DSCN8775.jpg

DSCN8778.jpg

A halo/corona present because of the original reflector is still in use
DSCN8780.jpg

Underexposed
DSCN8781.jpg

Standar Reflector
DSCN8782.jpg

Standar Reflector+28mm Aspherical Lens
DSCN8791.jpg

For those of you who wondering, the lens Protrudes the bezel at about 1mm. Yes it can stand on its head but not straight.

Thanks

VegasF6

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think thats the same lens I stuck in the ultrafire/superfire c1. Focuses well.

Stormchaser1

Newly Enlightened
Any idea if this will work in the Superfire WF-501D? I just put a Lumensfactory D26-LED (R2) in it, and this would be a great addition.

tx101

Flashlight Enthusiast
Any idea if this will work in the Superfire WF-501D? I just put a Lumensfactory D26-LED (R2) in it, and this would be a great addition.

Can you take out the existing lens and reflector out?
If you can then it will only cost you a couple of $$$ to find out :p
but seriously its just a matter of being able to focus the lens correctly
normally by unscrewing or screwing the head.

Incase your wondering why you need to remove the reflector,
this happens if you dont ........

DSC00706.jpg

Last edited:

VegasF6

Flashlight Enthusiast
Since mine is a p60 module I wasn't able to remove the reflector, or at least not easily. But it gets the same sharp focus as tx101 but with the added reflections from the reflector. I suppose if I wanted to I could paint the reflector matte black. I don't really feel like doing that but I wonder what the results would be.