What is best LED Light for around $50.00?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmeech83

Newly Enlightened
Just seeing if I can get some opinions on the best LED flashlight for around $50.00. Looking for an output of 500 lumens +. Thanks for the help!

BlueBeam22

*Super Flashaholic*
Coleman LED Rechargeable Spotlight 530 lumens

+1

I have the Coleman 530 lumen and love it. I bought mine at Sears for $60, but it can be bought at Walmart.com for $45. It has a perfectly round beam, is an amazing thrower and has super bright spill.

Outdoors Fanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just seeing if I can get some opinions on the best LED flashlight for around $50.00. Looking for an output of 500 lumens +. Thanks for the help!
Well, for that money it seems that some kind of a big spotlight is your only option. But if you want a regular flashlight of great quality, great warranty and made in the U.S, then the Inova T1 2008 is the best for the money.

http://www.batteryjunction.com/2008-t1-inova.html

Gunner12

Flashaholic
What do you have now?
Do you want throw or flood?(a 10 lumen well focused light can throw much further then a 1000 lumen flood light)
What batteries do you prefer?
What size?
Multimode?(low, high, strobe, etc.)

:welcome:

richardcpf

Flashlight Enthusiast
Coleman LED Rechargeable Spotlight 530 lumens

+1

I'm getting mine as well. Sometimes I don't need aluminium body, alu reflector, coated glass lens or custom modes.. The only thing i want is a bright flashlight.

carrot

Flashaholic
Just curious what is it you want to do with this light? We may be in the 21st century but 500 lumens is still considered excessive for many tasks.

CYPER

Banned
Brightest Flashlight for 50-70$

I've been looking to buy a flashlight for quite some time, but I just can't make up my mind. The only site I've been browsing is DX, but I guess there are many others selling from Asia.

• So, I would like to spend around 50-70$ for the torch only.
  • My requirements are simple - good balance between flood and throw with a bit more flood.
  • The sole purpose to buy it is for mountaineering presumably in snow conditions, but that doesn't mean it won't be used for other things.
As I am well aware build quality of products manufactured in China isn't so good due to lower quality control I guess. So another question I have is if I spend that amount of money what reasonable life should I expect from the torch? Or is it just luck due to the already mentioned bad quality control?

My current favourites are Romisen RC-T6 6*Cree Q4-WC and Aurora AK-P7-3 SSC P7-C
The first is rated differently at different sites and the second is rated 900 lumens, though if I have to be honest that doesn't mean anything to me. It's the lux rating that shows how bright the torch is (correct me if I'm wrong)

So which one would you recommend or probably a different one? I just want the brighest torch for these money with a good amount of flood and some throw as well.

Thank you in advance :)

maxilux

Enlightened
Re: Brightest Flashlight for 50-70$

In my opinion: EagleTac T10C2, Olight M20 Warrior, Dereelight CLHV4 and some others, forget Romisen and these other no Name Products.

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
Surefire G2 and when on sale $25 bucks shipped. Then just drop in a R2 emitter from DX wrap it with aluminum foil and you got the best bang for the buck combo.

CYPER

Banned

In my opinion: EagleTac T10C2, Olight M20 Warrior, Dereelight CLHV4 and some others, forget Romisen and these other no Name Products.
I expected a reply like this.

Then let me paraphrase: between Romisen RC-T6 6*Cree Q4-WC and Aurora AK-P7-3 SSC P7-C which is the brightest and which one would you recommend if different. Only between these two.

Thank you again.

DM51

Flashaholic

I expected a reply like this.

Then let me paraphrase: between Romisen [...] and Aurora [...] which is the brightest and which one would you recommend if different. Only between these two.
He said "forget Romisen and these other...". so I think you can assume he doesn't recommend either of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.