Gift for wife - AA LED light

Southernlight

Enlightened
Hi, I am considering a AA LED light as part of my wife's birthday gift/s. Short list is the Jetbeam E3P or maybe a Nitecore D10. The Jetbeam has the bling factor, which she will like, but the D10 is more versatile with its levels. It has to be a AA light, I will likely use lithium primarys or alkalines no lithium rechargables here. Price is around the D10/E3P price.

What do you think, for a non-flashaholic will the Jetbeam be the better bet due to its simple interface? :confused:

Thanks

Armed_Forces

Enlightened
..are you really sure you want to get the wifey a FLASHLIGHT for her birthday?!!

(we just had a "Valentine's" day discussion about this on the General Flashlight discussion board. /hint)

Southernlight

Enlightened
..are you really sure you want to get the wifey a FLASHLIGHT for her birthday?!!

(we just had a "Valentine's" day discussion about this on the General Flashlight discussion board. /hint)

hahaha, I see you point :crackup:, it will be a "side gift", something in addition to a "main present" I need a few items as I have to buy for my little ones so that they have something to give to mum. Sure it could be a box-o-chocs but I figure a good light to find the car lock at night would be hopefully welcome. The Element E3P appealed as it has bling! - so I might get away with it. :mecry:

Armed_Forces

Enlightened
OK, just making sure. :D

I give my blessing for this thread to continue, but I make no promises on the direction it will head. :devil:

yalskey

Enlightened
Go for the JetBeam for sure. I EDC both and can tell you that the JetBeam is a LOT easier to use and your wife will like it's looks much better. The D10's UI can be a bit jumpy-aroundy if you get what I'm saying. Sometimes when I'm using it momentarily the D10 thinks I'm clicking or double-clicking or something and switches to low / high. Anyways, just consider, the JetBeam is a good bit larger than the D10. Also think about if you want a clicky vs. a twisty. Twisties are better for purse carry because they don't turn on very easily like a clicky would in a purse.

Southernlight

Enlightened
OK, just making sure. :D

I give my blessing for this thread to continue, but I make no promises on the direction it will head. :devil:

I just read the Valentine day thread, :shakehead :sick2: :eek: :crackup:

Now I am starting to be afraid of my idea. Hmm, maybe I will get her a E3P but it will have to be buried under all the other stuff!! :broke:

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Neither of these two. Get a Proton Pro

Better still, forget the lights. You did say you read the Valentine's Day thread.

Geoff

seaside

Enlightened
Most ladies that are not tech savvy don't give a rat's rear about guy's view on toys. Assuming your wife is one of them, I'd say forget about flashlight. If you still want to get her a light, forget about versatility or coolness. Give her what she is gonna like, not what you can appreciate. The light must be small, cute, and pink if possible... something like fenix E01 purple edition.

Southernlight

Enlightened
Most ladies that are not tech savvy don't give a rat's rear about guy's view on toys. Assuming your wife is one of them, I'd say forget about flashlight. If you still want to get her a light, forget about versatility or coolness. Give her what she is gonna like, not what you can appreciate. The light must be small, cute, and pink if possible... something like fenix E01 purple edition.

I'm starting to think this is the best option. :thinking: :p

The E01 is seriously less money too, so I can keep the big bucks for my light/s :twothumbs

Dan FO

Enlightened
Another for the Proton Pro. It comes with a lithium AA already installed. :) The UI is perfect for a woman, ask my wife. ;)

paintballdad

Enlightened

+1..assuming your wife isn't into flashlights. Regardless of the bling factor or how cool the UI is, she's gonna hit the roof when she finds out what a flashlight cost. While my wife still doesn't understand my fascination with flashlights, she did appreciate me putting an E01 on her keychain. She finds it useful and unobtrusive. I, at one point showed her the E3P on the computer and hinted of her having one. She said "uhhh....no, the little light on the keychain is fine. I don't want that in my purse".

Oh, by the way..... my teenage daughter saw mom's E01, thought it was nice. She now has a purple one on her keychain :thumbsup:.

Flashlights are just like toasters and vacuum cleaners.........not something you give the wife as a present!