Momentary-size and brightness of PD20?

Greyhound

Newly Enlightened
:confused:

Hey folks....Looking for what options there are for and edc that is as close to the fenix pd20, but with momentary function.

Keys for me are the size and the brightness.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

ClancyO

Newly Enlightened

Will it fit a PD - it's for the T series - I believe they have a larger diameter tube than the PD's...

I too just picked up a PD20 and love it, but I would like a forward clicky, but in a smaller package than most tactical lights - more along the size of the PD20. Then I stumbled upon the EagleTac P10C. I'll probably opt for the P10C2 as it's not that much longer and would still be small enough for a edc pocket carry...

ClancyO

Newly Enlightened
Correction: the PD20 is 81mm x21mm
The P10C is 94mm x 26mm
The P10C2 is 126 x 26mm

So the P10C is still bigger (and brighter if they're honest on torch lums 220 vs 180), but much closer in size to the PD20, but with a forward clicky...

choaticwhisper

Enlightened
Will it fit a PD - it's for the T series - I believe they have a larger diameter tube than the PD's...

I too just picked up a PD20 and love it, but I would like a forward clicky, but in a smaller package than most tactical lights - more along the size of the PD20. Then I stumbled upon the EagleTac P10C. I'll probably opt for the P10C2 as it's not that much longer and would still be small enough for a edc pocket carry...

Actually it not for the T series lights.
These should work with all fenix lights with clickies except the T1 and TK10 series.

Marduke

Flashaholic

That switch is for everything EXCEPT the tactical series (T1, TK10, TK11, etc).

That switch is specifically for the PxD and LxD size lights, including the PD20.

Marduke

Flashaholic
How does the UI work when you change to forward clicky ?

Walter

Multiple momentary presses cycle through the modes. A full press locks you into the mode you are using. Once locked in, turning the light off and back on via the switch will also cycle the mode.

As you can see, signaling is still out of the question, but momentary on low and turbo is still fully functional.

h2oflyer

Enlightened
Thanks Marduke

PD20 is my first reverse clicky - don't see much advantage in changing to forward clicky - think I'll just get used to it.

Walter

Greyhound

Newly Enlightened

Wow. That is tempting. Specs on this one are very nice.

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got such switches from my friendly dealer for the "old" LxD and PxD models, ready in tailcaps with a larger rubber cap.

Well, it wasn't just that great with the UI which stays unchanged of course. As I am used to the reverse clicky, I press down for activation. Cycling through modes means switch off first, then cycle and pressing down again at the wanted output. On the other hand, you rapidly change modes to high and stay on momentary. Light off, a second later you decide to switch it on again and land in SOS mode.

No, for me they just aren't of good use, I preffer to stay with the original switches and use a real Tactical if I need it. The smallest I have is indeed the T10C, but I preffer the longer ones, for a one-hand-use, better for my large hands. The Jetbeam E3P also has such a switch, more lenght and is quite heavy.

ClancyO

Newly Enlightened
My reservations to adding a forward clicky to the PD20 is that it will still start in low. But the more I think about that, the more that sounds even better than a regular tactical light. In a true tactical situation, you just twist first to engage turbo, then when you hit the momentary it's on high - exactly what you want!!! BUT, if you just need a low momentarily (in same tactical situation), you also have that option as well. (It's just not that low - for that it would appear that the original Jetbeam II rocks...)

So, it looks like I'll be picking up a forward click for mine making it my stealth tactical edc!