Olight M20 Warrior R2, high mode not working?

dero

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys.

Well I've owned my Olight M20 warrior for 2-3 months and it's been really good, but recently I noticed when I switched between medium and high mode, high mode appeared to be exactly the same brightness level as medium, it just didn't really change. I thought this was just because the batteries were running low, but after I put a fresh set of batteries in the problem remained.

Is this a common problem? Is there anything I can do to attempt to fix it?

Thanks for any help.

swrdply400mrelay

Enlightened
Are you using an 18650? Your battery might be going bad. Try switching to 2 x CR123's or RCR123's to see if it improves.

Also, the M20 is semi-regulated with an 18650, so the brightness declines as the battery is used. I use 2 x RCR123's and I think it's the best way to run this light, unless you're going for low mode with super long run times. If the latter is the case, the 18650 would be the best way to go.

HTH

bodhran

Enlightened
The contacts and threads may just need a good cleaning. Youtube has a good video by fenix on flashlight maintanence or a number of threads here explain what to do.

Watchguy

Newly Enlightened
I had the same thing happen on a T25 Tactical. I sent it back to 4 sevens.:shrug::thumbsup: