I DID NOT Make These Up

Marty Weiner

Flashlight Enthusiast
Newsweek polled reality-TV creators and executives for the most outlandish pitches they've ever heard. These are 100% real.

1. 'I've Got a Monkey on My Back' Contestants face off in a cross-country relay race, only instead of passing a baton, they hand off...a monkey.

2. 'Will You Adopt Me?' Preteen orphans and potential foster families meet on television. America votes on which kid gets which family.

3. 'Human Autopsy' A one-time special depicting an actual autopsy.

4. 'Who Wants to Donate Their Sperm?' Like 'The Bachelorette,' except the woman doesn't want the guy - just his DNA. Nine months later, the woman delivers the baby on live TV.

5. 'Untitled 'Bachelorette' Rip-Off in which the woman has a big surprise for her potential Prince Charming: a *****.

6. 'Strip Search' In the Star Search tradition, a contest to find America's best stripper.

7. 'Mail-Order Brides' Men choose between, say, a Thai bride and an Ethiopian bride.

8. 'Convict Island' Real prisoners try to escape from a real prison. The winner's victim gets the prize money.

9. 'Pimp House' Six real-life pimps together in a house. No challenges, no voting. They just live in the house and they pimp.

I may put my television set on eBay /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif.

Marty

D

**DONOTDELETE**

I think Mr. Weiner (rather appropiately) wins the prize for first use of the word "*****" in Candlepowerforums.com /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif !!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

D

**DONOTDELETE**

OK, then Darkaway wins the prize for the first search for "*****" in candlepowerforums.com ! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

..but right you are, and in fact there is my post right above it from 6 days earlier, guess I never went back after that to check for responses..but now we have the cool "favorites" notification..

..oh and by the way, before Saaby the Tyrant shows up, you had better change that link to (something like) first use of "*****" in CPF

(uh oh, link not working again - Saab?)

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
or just change the link to here is a ***** /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

man...some of those ideas are pretty darn bad...

but i do think the bachelorette ripp-off could be fairly humorous...imagine being one of the contestents, and looking back to realize you've benn kissing and groping a guy all this time!

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Unbelieveable...

Hmm... I actually wouldn't mind 4, 6, and 9, though...
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

Mr. Bombastic

Newly Enlightened

7. 'Mail-Order Brides' Men choose between, say, a Thai bride and an Ethiopian bride.

Already done over here!

K-T

*Moderator*
[ QUOTE ]
Mr. Bombastic said:

(...)

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh, remember that. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gif I hope it stays a one time special. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twak.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

Lurker

Flashlight Enthusiast
I heard something on the radio today about an upcoming movie which will spoof reality TV by depicting a reality TV program in which viewers call in to vote to determine guilt or innocence in a real criminal trial. It kind of takes the Judge Wopner thing a step further.

lightnix

Enlightened
Anybody remember "Network" with Peter Finch and Faye Dunawaye ?

I'M MAD AS HELL AND I'M NOT GONNA TAKE IT ANY MORE !

Sounds like truth is catching up with fiction.