Cabelas 1 cell LED light w/Pics

stang1911

Newly Enlightened
I bought this light at cabelas about a year ago and now they discontinued it. It has a high/low mode and I was wondering if anyone else has one and if there are mods for it.

DSC_0001-2.jpg

DSC_0003-5.jpg

Gunner12

Flashaholic
Which LED does it use and how hard is it to access the LED?

Looks like a Surefire 3P clone.

If it uses a P60 type assembly, then there are a few drop-ins for it.

:welcome:

Gunner12

Flashaholic
If you can get to the LED, then you could swap in a Seoul P4 U or U2 bin(requires soldering and thermal epoxy). That should at least double the output.

I don't think that is a P60 type module.

ambientmind

Enlightened
I have a two cell version of this exact light, put a seoul in it and a different driver. If you want to, you can get single mode switches from DX that fit perfect and get rid of that pesky three click operation.

stang1911

Newly Enlightened
What does a different driver do? Also, where can I get the parts to do this assuming I can get the the led without destroying the light.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
The driver is the circuit that supplies the current to the LED. In your light, it boosts the voltage to what the LED needs. In some other lights(3.7v and above) it lowers the voltage to what the LED needs. A different driver can provide you with more output(at less runtime), more runtime, multimode or what ever the driver was built to do.

The cheapest place for a Seoul P4 might be here. The packaging is iffy though and shipping can take a while. Check the Marketplace for the U2 bin(more efficienc then the U bin).

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I bought this light at cabelas about a year ago and now they discontinued it. It has a high/low mode and I was wondering if anyone else has one and if there are mods for it.

Oh yes, I had one of those. It's a G&P model with a Cabela's label.

Bought it about 2 years ago.... A complete waste of money. Glad to hear a substandard light was discontinued.

stang1911

Newly Enlightened
Really?? I only paid $20 for it and it goes with me anytime I go camping or hunting. It seems well made and I'm still on the original battery.

BTW, I see no way to seperate the led and reflector so I guess it will just stay as it is.

Thanks for helping me out though.