Looking for a thrower - need suggestions

DAKIK

Newly Enlightened
hey
im looking for a flashlight to mount onto a rifle to be used for night shooting.
Would like the flashlight to have a good throw and be as bright as possible.

- bateries RCR123 or/and 18650
- budget light.. (preferably from dx)
- with a decent runtime
- pressure switch compatible if possible

currently got a Q5 cabela mod and a RC-F4 but wuld somethin brighter.

im open for suggestions..

thanks

FlashlightsNgear.com

→Formerly d1live←, Flashaholic
Alot of talk about Eagletac's new P100C2 light, I may order one soon myself, its in your price range at under 40 bucks with CPF discount :) https://www.eagletac-store.com/product_info.php?cPath=103&products_id=715/B] It should be alot brighter than the Romisen F4 from what Iam hearing. I like my Eagletac as well or better as any light I have, just feels good and the output is perfect. Id stay clear of DX, unless you dont care to wait a month for something that might not work or is the wrong item.

DAKIK

Newly Enlightened
Just got me a Ultrafire WF-502B R2 [ Over 7000Lux @ 1 Meter on Hi ]
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/225607

Beam shots in the back yard !

22Rimfire , these will light up 100Meters no problem .

This looking pretty good and its still pretty compact which helps when being mounted, not to mention it cost half as much as the other lights.
Im guessing the other lights will out throw this light, but a good throw up to 100m should be sufficient for my needs.

Look forward to ur review and some more outdoor shots.
Cheers

old4570

Flashlight Enthusiast
Actually , they will throw past 100Meters , but I have some trees @ 100 meters , and they light up real nice , well enough to shoot something through a scope .

I dont have anything further than that to try out , here at home .

+ I have a lens [ aspherical ] on the way , that should increase throw .
Still waiting for it to be shipped . But yes , these flashlights are just the Cats meow , when compared to what was around 5 years ago .

But there is a lot to chose from in this size , check out DealExtreme and KaiDomain , and spend a few days browsing .

Im currently Ho - and - humin over this drop in http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.21037

If it didnt have strobe , I would have put down my money long ago , but should be a drop in for the Solarforce or Ultrafire .
If your looking for some real power , but expect it to run HOT !

Gunner12

Flashaholic

old4570

Flashlight Enthusiast
This review says that the WF-600(18650 only version) get around 16,300 lux at 1 meter, so around 50% more distance. The beam is narrower and throws further, but that is because of the larger reflector.

There designed to be more throw than flood , yes , reflector design .

Only so much you can do with a small flashlight , even my old Maglites with terralux units , can throw well because you can focus the beam .
Im going to do a Cree P4 mod to a terralux , so cant wait to see how that works .

Its just , you need to decide how large a flashlight you want , how far you need to see etc . If you check DX and KD you will find flashlights up to 900 Lumen [ Claimed output ] . Like I said , spend a little time looking and your sure to find a balance of power VS size .

Brad Southard

Newly Enlightened
If your willing to wait a month or so I would suggest the Fenix TA30.
It has the shock absortion you want for a gun as well as should have great throw. Then pair that with the Fenix Pressure switch, and I think you will have an incredible setup.