KX2C vs. new E2DL

Paladin

Enlightened
I understand the new E2DL has two levels. What I'm curious about is "are the output levels of the KX2C and the E2DL on high comparable as far as beam profile and throw"? Thx.

Paladin

seattlite

Enlightened
I have both a KX2C and a one stage E2DL. Beam profile is the same, but my KX2C is slight brighter and whiter than my E2DL. You should check the "mrgman" IS sticky at the top. He measures both KX2C and E2DL light ouput.

MrGman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have tested My E2DL versus 2 KX2C heads supplied by N/A Power for testing. One was actually in the M600 Scout. The first one was more of a blue tint than my E2DL the second one was about the same tint. The beam patterns were all the same, I expect that due to the TIR lens, they would all be very very close in beam pattern. Next, neither of the 2 KX2C heads was as bright as my new E2DL. My friend who is a gun dealer and authorized SureFire dealer tells me he got a batch from the last SHOT Show and has some more for sale.

My integration sphere post has the Lumen output numbers. G.

Hitthespot

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have both. They were both the exact same brightness as measured with my eye. The E2DL appears pure white to me and my KX2C head was much warmer.

I think tint is just a matter of lottery regardless of either the KX2C or E2DL.

Bill

N/Apower

Enlightened
The X300 is the same thing as well, to throw another wrench in the machine, lol.

Output seems like a lottery, as does tint. However, I have NEVER heard of any of the above 3 being proven or estimated to put out LESS than 160 lumens.

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
My E2DL is a lottery winner for sure. I say it has a "sunshine" colored tint. I'm very suprised (and pleased) at the integrated sphere results - up to 203 lumens! Thats crazy. They (Surefire) are REALLY understating their outputs. They could raise there numbers a bit to say, 160 or so and still not be going over...