New member---just ordered first light.

pjm204

Newly Enlightened
Hello all,
I just ordered my first EDC flashlight, a Solarforce L2 with Cree R2 after doing a good deal of research here. I'm sure this will become a hobby and I will likely start adding flashlights to some of my home defense weapons. After a lot of thought, a flashlight makes a lot of sense to wear on my belt daily, I especially like the idea of the crennelated bezel. Although the A001 looked cool I figured it was just a little too radical to be practical.

old4570

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good Choice . [ Solarforce L2 R2 ]

I have some how got 5 2xCR123A/18650 sized flashlights , well , L2 sized .

No more ! Next , more EDC , and maybe a P7 or something .

And then the mods start :crackup:

Its a hobby alright ! and I think I will try and stick to modifying flashlights in the future , since I have a few unmodified ones left .

Moonshadow

Enlightened
Nice light. I have the same one and the crenellations are indeed quite pointy so you will need to use the holster (I'm not actually planning to bash anyone with it, so would actually prefer a plain bezel !).

The R2 is very bright with a nice clean white beam. The only thing I would prefer is if there were a bigger difference between high, medium and low.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
I hope you like it!

Remember that R2 is only a flux bin, most of those Cree lights use the Cree XR-E LED, the bin is the thing that is different.

:welcome:

pjm204

Newly Enlightened
I don't have all of the technical stuff down yet. I'm starting to understand the hierarchy of the Cree LED's. I picked up a charger and 4 CR123's...I would like to get an 18650 though...thanks for the welcome