Time for a Fenix P1 CE R2 Edition!

BigBluefish

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fenix might do well to do a limited run of these again with an R2 and an OP reflector, in natural finish, please. Maybe a few colors, like the EO1? (Hint: PURPLE)

Not like they'd have to gear up and produce a brand new light. Sell it for about $40. I'd bet the R2 would offer a noticeable increase in both brightness and runtime over the P4, which actually had a pretty good balance of both. There's still a market for a small, quality single level twistie.

Well, at least, I'd buy one! :thumbsup:

Outdoors Fanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
I agree! Please ditch the Digital B.S and give us a simple P1-R2, single mode, no strobe, no SOS.

And make a CR2 version while at it... in Blue HA! :thumbsup:

Last edited:

BigBluefish

Flashlight Enthusiast
i have one :)
and yes the bright increased but not by much.

You modded a P1 CE Q2? I'd guess it was a Q2, if you didn't see the brightness go up greatly.

I think the difference between a P4 and an R2 would be noticeable. If they kept the same nice 2 hour regulated runtime, I guess they'd be driving the R2 to put out about 110-120 out the front/torch lumens?

edc3

Enlightened
I would definitely buy this light. I'd even like to see a 2 brightness mode P1D with a super low and a decent high/good runtime level or a 3 mode WITHOUT strobe and SOS, kind of like big brother to the LD01. :naughty:

EngrPaul

Flashlight Enthusiast
I modded my Natural body version to a Neutral white emitter.

Well worth it, it's brighter than the burnt Q5 Fenix put in it. :rolleyes:

P.S. It really rocks with a PD20 reflector

Last edited:

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wonder if Fenix will bother making special runs with R2's, or just wait for the new XP-E's.

I'd like to see more Fenix's with the neutral white Cree's, like Q3 5A. :)

BigBluefish

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wonder if Fenix will bother making special runs with R2's, or just wait for the new XP-E's.

I'd like to see more Fenix's with the neutral white Cree's, like Q3 5A. :)

I wouldn't mind a P1 CE with either of those emitters, although I don't know how well the XP-E will work driven on only one CR123a primary. I noted EagleTac's new P100 series lights both run on two cells, perhaps the XP-E won't perform as well as the XR-E on only one cell?

That Q3 would be nice, if only for the change in tint.

Last edited:

pOkiE

Newly Enlightened
Do they still make the standard P1? I have a P1D-CE Q5 that stopped working so I'm waiting for Fenix-Store to fix or replace it. I gotta say...their customer service is top notch.

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast
I agree! Please ditch the Digital B.S and give us a simple P1-R2, single mode, no strobe, no SOS.

A make a CR2 version while at it... in Blue HA!

+1 on this. I'd buy a P1 R2 single mode light. The CR2 version is exactly what I'm waiting to buy; no one else has come out with this.

Blue is nice.

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would certainly be in the market for some updated P1 models. I'm not sure I'd like a blazing R2 though since the light only has 1 mode. I think I'd run it lower and get the extended runtime.

Neutral/Warm white emitters rule!! I'd grab one in a second.

I'd like OD or silver HA (Fenix HA is soft as it is the colors would just not stand up).

Stainless Steel would Rock!!! I'd also grab one (ore more) of these in a second.

The Aeon basically is "it" covering both P1 and P1D territory with 2 modes and top-notch annodizing. However the price and CR2 source leaves plenty of room though for a new P1 to capture a lot of sales.

I definetly would be very excited about a new P1 (or two).

Last edited:

TONY M

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would like a R2 P1 but only if it sold for less than $45. A two mode version with a 5 lumen low and a 80 lumen high would be nice too.