E1B parts + L1 parts + neutral emitter = interesting

foxtrot824

Enlightened
Recently I discovered how to open Surefire heads. I have been modding my L1 head so that I could use it on my E1B body and have voltage regulation. I was recently surfing ledsupply.com where I find all sorts of LEDs for projects and saw that they had neutral tint Cree emitters http://ledsupply.com/xrenw-l1.php The price was right so I thought I would swap out the stock LED from the L1 head with a warmer tint one. Previously I had tried this in an old KL1 head with a K2 emitter and it was too orange. I used a soldering iron as a hot plate to "carefully" replace the emitters. It is driven by a BB Nexgen 1000mA from the sandwich shoppe. Add a z68 clickie and you're all set for natural looking light from an LED in a fun pocket size. The beam shot comparison was with an MJP Extreme lll. I appoligize for the poor quality of the pictures. They came from my camera phone.

foxtrot824

Enlightened
Thanks. As soon as I get a "real" camera I'll post some out door shots. I can't wait for it to get dark to really see what it does. The lumen rating on the neutral LED is about 25% less than the cool white but it still has some good throw with the stock L1 TIR.