Anyone saw WWF Planet Hour ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Federal LG

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyone saw WWF Planet Hour ?

I don´t know exactly, but I think it´s an hour that all the planet turn off lights (major cities, monuments) to call attention to the global warming.

Well, as a flashaholic, I do support A LOT! :party:
It was amazing see all the public lights turned off! I was drinking with some friends, and they turned off all the streets (and bar) lights. Just candles and flashlights around here and there.

Today I read in newspaper that a couple celebrated marriage under candlelights too, to respect the Planet Hour. In pictures you could see their friends holding flashlights during ceremony. Even a famous TV show here transmitted with lights off, with hosts being iluminated by hand flashlights. PURE FUN!

Well, I think it was fun! Everything with lights off, and you living under candles and your flashlights! Planet should have a "planet hour" once a month, and not once a year!

fishx65

Enlightened
Funny, I've been reading that a lot of experts think the earth is heading into another Ice Age!!!!

socom1970

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've heard a really interesting definition of an expert: a person who progressively knows more and more about less and less until they finally know everything about nothing.

'Nuff said.

litetube

Enlightened
"earth hour" has got to be one of the most ridiculous empty displays of hogwash I have ever seen. Though I can understand wanting to play with our flashlights and using any reason to do so (I certainly do since I brush my teeth by flashlight!!)

Exactly what is the purpose ? A bold statement saying what? Wow I have a great idea everyone!!! Let's all turn off every electrical device for one hour and sit in the dark like they did back in medieval times. Then we can turn everything back on. Afterward we will feel important and our pathetic lives will have meaning because we are saving the planet!!! YAYY!!!

1)The UN said they saved $80,000 in one hour on electricity. Turns out it was about $102.00

2)Al Gore , the champion of the Global Warming hoax got busted. He had flood lights on in his compound and T.V.s could be seen on in his mansion. By the way he used more electricity in a month on his compund than 30 people do in a year.

3)where "earth Hour" was observed it was found in some instances that MORE electricity was used upon powering everything back up thus casuing a spike.

Earth Hour proved absolutely nothing other than we can sit in the dark . What exactly are we all supposed to do go back to the Dark Ages? I think that is the only thing that will make these Global Warming empty headed Kool Aid drinking Liberals happy . That and ultimately reducing the planets population which is their real goal. After Earth Hour everyone who did it turned their t.v.s back on, their computers,fridges etc etc and resumed their lives. We rely on electricity and always will . I don't know about you all but I dont want to GO BACK. I like electricity and all the imrpovements it gives my life so take that silly symbolic meaningless crap and stick it where the sun dont shine.

GLOBAL WARMING is a SCAM designed to ENSLAVE society and CONTROL your LIFE!!

litetube

Enlightened
And unlike Global warming, there is actual scientific data suggesting a cyclic return to another Ice Age.

Did you hear by the way? the satelite used to measure the polar ice caps is off in calibration ? By about the size of California!!!

The British scientists who went to measure the loss if ice ? Stuck in severe blizzards and frigid temps . Did they rescue them yet?

Here in NE it is Spring yet my it do seem a bit cold out there? I wonder why? Winter didnt seem much warmer to me this year. Hmmmm.... I keep getting told the world is gonna end in 10years and the oceans are gonna rise and drown us all . Yet I stick my head out the door and my own common sense and BRAIN is telling me different.

When Al Gore and Obama stop jetting around the country with 10 SUVs in tow and using more fuel in one trip than I do in my lifetime, then I will start shutting my lights off at night.

Federal LG

Flashlight Enthusiast
...Though I can understand wanting to play with our flashlights and using any reason to do so (I certainly do since I brush my teeth by flashlight!!)

I know nothing about ecology, and things like that. In my ignorance about the all thing, I liked the "let´s play 1 hour in the dark" thing. It´s a flashaholic dream, IMO, and it was fun to see parts of my city (20 million people city) with lights out.

Maybe it´s a symbolic act, just to attract attention, with no concrete effects on the planet. That´s the way I understood all this thing made by WWF. :sssh:

Federal LG

Flashlight Enthusiast
GLOBAL WARMING is a SCAM designed to ENSLAVE society and CONTROL your LIFE!!

:crackup:

You should come to Brazil, dude. I remember when I was a kid and our summers always reach 90, 92 degrees F., and now, 20 years later, it´s easy to reach 113 degrees Fahrenheit. Every year, unfortunately, we are breaking heat records over here...

litetube

Enlightened
Thats cool Fed. I agree it is a great excuse to use flashlights and its fun. Kinda like when we were kids "camping" in our backyards.
And that is exactly what the people who organize these things are. Children, many living on trust funds with too much time on their hands looking for something to give their life meaning. What better than to "save the planet" like superheroes. Now politicians like Al Gore being shrewd scumbags that they are, have seized upon this farce as the perfect platform to create a cult of brainwashed followers. They pump this crap into my kids endlessly at school. I give my kids the facts and views of both sides so they can make their own informed decision and not drink the Kool Aid.

I believe 100% you have had some hot summers in Brazil and there have been a few years of high temps. The Earth goes in a cyclic nature just like the seasons. By taking core samples from deep in the Earth at locations all over the world, we have discovered there have been many cyclic changes to our world over millions of years to include multiple Ice Ages and "Tropical" ages also . We arent going into another Ice Age in 10years. It takes 10's of thousands of years or more. Just like Global Warming to the extent Al Gore speaks of could never happen in 10 years. Many of the Global Warming "scientists" are now recanting their statements and beliefs and at the least stating we need to look at things agian. Many have completely changed their views and are coming forward with the truth, that Global Warming is a hoax. They are being ex-communicated and their reputations are systematically being destroyed by the Global Warming community for going against the RELIGION.

I get worked up about this because the ultimate goal is to use this to take over every part of our lives. I dont want a "Civilian Army" locking my thermostat and fining me when they drive by my houose and see smoke coming out of my chimney.
I dont know how they do things in Brazil but in the U.S. we have a certain amount of freedom that we enjoy though we are losing it so fast people need to get off their fat butts and stop it soon or they will wake up to a very different world

Do you honestly believe becasue you have had a few hot summers that the human race in a mere 200 years has destroyed the planet? Come on really:crackup:. So when we have a cpl bad winters up here I can say we are headed into an Ice Age in 10 years?:twothumbs

Federal LG

Flashlight Enthusiast
...I dont know how they do things in Brazil but in the U.S. we have a certain amount of freedom that we enjoy though we are losing it so fast people need to get off their fat butts and stop it soon or they will wake up to a very different world

Here we have that freedom too and, fortunately, it´s still not threatened by those eco-extremists.

We live every day in air conditioner systems, we do barbecues (with a lot of smoke) every weekend and I would NEVER let to do this, yet, just because someone says it´s bad for the weather. :nana:

Empath

Flashaholic
The topic has been carried in the Cafe for some time. Since it's not about flashlights, the Cafe is where it belongs.

Had this one not turned into such politically biased commentary, I'd send this thread there. Unfortunately, it's too politically active and controversial.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.