Single AAA adjustable output flashlight that I can currently purchase.

Tixx

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Everyone,

I'm new to the forum and have been looking for a AAA light for some time now. I see Killas, Makos (which don't see plentiful) and some others, but just can't take in all this info here. I spend a lot of time searchin out if they are adjustable or what the Lumens are or if they are still made or available for US buyers.

Could some kind soul point me toward 3-5 of some of the top single AAA LED adjustable flashlights out there that I can currently purchase in the US? I like to keep the size as small as possible and not looking for anything over $200.

Thank you for your assistance.

victor01

Newly Enlightened
Hi, you can go for either

Liteflux LF2 which would set you back 45 USD

or the new and improved version (in cosmetics and improved brightness)

Liteflux LF2X which would set you back 60 USD

They are the only mass produced single aaa light with variable output adjustment I'm aware of. Though their programmability might sound intimidated, but once they're set, they would function as a simply 2 stage lights.

jankj

Enlightened
Would a 3 level light work for you? I don't own one, but the reviewers seem to be very positive to fenix LD01. Three light levels (10-27-80 lumens), simple to use and hard to break.

regulator

Flashlight Enthusiast
The LF2X is a fantastic light. I really like the look and finish of the light - some say it is a bit slippery but it kinda looks like gun metal finish. It is my favorite AAA light.

Tixx

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for all the suggestions so far. I hope to get some time after work today to research them. Appreciate the assistance!

Beacon of Light

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi, you can go for either

Liteflux LF2 which would set you back 45 USD

or the new and improved version (in cosmetics and improved brightness)

Liteflux LF2X which would set you back 60 USD

They are the only mass produced single aaa light with variable output adjustment I'm aware of. Though their programmability might sound intimidated, but once they're set, they would function as a simply 2 stage lights.

Where does one get the $45 USD version? I see the thread is closed. Also what was the difference between the Cree model and the P4 SSC model? SSC=Stainless Steel Casing?

gunga

Flashaholic
SSC is seoul.

You can still buy the older models from LED cool.

There are a few upgrades on the newer model, but you can only get sould on the older one.

HighLumens

Enlightened
I can suggest you 2 flashlights:

- Fenix LD01;
- LiteFlux LF2X.

The Fenix is an easy to use flashlight with 3 defined output (27-10-80 in this order).

Some folks don't like the med/low/high order and they would like a lower low (sometimes 10 lumens can be too much for dark adapted eyes and you could blind yourself).

Choose this one if you don't mind the med/low/high and the fact that sometimes 10 lumens can be a little too much.

The LiteFlux LF2X has 7 outputs but you can actually think to it as having 3 outputs:
- P1;
- P2;
- variable setting.
and:
- strobe 1;
- strobe 2;
- SOS 1;
- SOS 2.

All these settings are configurable as you want (from 0,2 to 100% brightness, up to about 65 lumens [I read it here on cpf, somewhere]) so you can have the order you want for the brightness levels.
Even strobe 1 and 2 and SOS 1 and 2 are configurable.

The LiteFlux Has other nice features:
- it tells you the battery voltage;
- it protects your rechargeable batteries from overdischarging;
- it can use 10440 li-ion' s.

If you don't need them, just don't care about them; if you do, it has them!

If you want to decide between the LF2 (with ssc p4 emitter) and the LF2X (with Cree Q5 emitter) I can tell you that the ssc p4 gives a more floody beam, while the Cree Q5 gives you a more focused light ( you can have more throw). I' d suggest you choosing the LF2X (Q5 emitter).

LiteFluxes come with diffuser, o-rings (3), and lube. You con mount it on a tripod.
Fenixes come with o-ring (1), and clip.

LiteFlux gives you 1 year warranty and a very good after sale service if you purchase from LED Cool.

Fenix gives you lifetime warranty.

Beacon of Light

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a Fenix LD20 and a Fenix EO1, so I have Fenix covered pretty much, I want to try another brand. That said, I think I would like the more floodier of the 2 LF2 models to be honest. Weird thing is the Cree XR-E version looked more floodier from one of the reviews than the SSC p4 with a lot more side spill.

In any event where do I buy one for $45? I see on some sites there is a LF2XT but it's $60...

Beacon of Light

Flashlight Enthusiast
LF2XT? Perhaps you meant LF2X, I don't know any LF2XT.

Yeah sorry, so many lights in so little time, causes me to make some mistake. In any event how many different versions are there now? LF2 in Cree (XE-R) and SSC p4, and now a LF2X?

HighLumens

Enlightened
there are many versions of the same "lf2". I am not sure but here on cpf we should be able to find some comparison thread updated with all the new models.