L1D vs LD10

mighty82

Enlightened
Has anybody tested the new Fenix LD10 against the L1D when it comes to runtimes and output? I know the LD10 has a lower low mode, but does it have a longer runtime in low mode also?

The L1D can go about 20 hours on an alkaline battery, and the LD10 can go about 20 hours on an eneloop. I guess that means that the LD10 draws a little less current, but it looks like there should be a bigger difference when the LD10 is about half the brightness of the L1D.

It had been much easier if someone had made a proper comparison review with the LD10 including runtimes.

And then there's the "turbo" mode. From what i have seen the LD10 will go nearly one hour on a eneloop, but the L1D (Q5) lasts 1 hour and 44 minutes on a 2650mah cell.

My L1D rebel 100 can put out the same brightness for 2 hours and 30 minutes on a 2650mah cell or about 1 hour and 45 minutes on an eneloop . That's almost 200% the runtime of the LD10. Is it really THAT much brighter? Or have they downgraded the circuit that badly? :confused:

qip

Flashlight Enthusiast
being that both are Q5 and the LD10 & LD20 seem to be driven a little harder for bit more output the runtime will take hit so it offsets ...i think

mighty82

Enlightened
Yeah, the turbo makes sense, at least on the LD20. It's about 25% brighter than the L2D and it has about 25% lower runtime.

I think the effect of driving it harder is more obvious on the LD10 with only one battery. The circuit will have to work much harder converting voltage.

It looks like it makes more sense staying with "high" mode on the LD10. On the L1D there was practically no difference between high and turbo. On the LD10 you will save much more power.