Tritium Vials & Glow Powder: SSC P7 FLuPIC 3A Aleph LE

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,
Here's a mod that some requested for both types of glow that we are used to. I thought it was a great idea so I gave it a go not knowing what the end result would be.

Green tritium vials & glow powder. The tritiums don't make the glow powder glow as expected but it's still pretty cool IMO. Bored out the XRcan & Mule head to give more room for the glow & to make it more visible. Custom made heatsink to allow the P7 to sit low enough so the dome does not touch the lens & to allow a bit more mass down into the can. Can is fully potted. Brass battery contact. FLuPIC modded for 3A.

Hope the owner enjoys! :wave:

-SSC P7 DSWOI
-Modified FLuPIC V2.2 (2.9A peak w/ IMR16340)
-Bored out XRcan
-Bored out Mule head
-Custom aluminum heatsink
-Brass battery contact
-Bart's 1.55m x 5mm green tritium vials
-Green glow epoxy

Img_9343.jpg

Img_9337.jpg

Img_9340.jpg

Img_9354.jpg

Img_9365.jpg

Img_9382.jpg

Img_9199.jpg

Warm white MC-E version

J bin 5A GD1000

Img_1806.jpg

Img_1809.jpg

Img_1811.jpg

Img_1815.jpg

Last edited:

MWClint

Enlightened
That's a killer idea for a mule!
:eek:oo:

if you dont mind me asking, is it a double stack w/DD burst or triple stack 1amp?

brighterisbetter

Flashlight Enthusiast
:rock: Thanks Will, looks perfect! I can see a whole slew of glow/trit LE's being built as a result of this masterpiece, but I get the first one :nana:

sygyzy

Enlightened
Is this the McGizmo host that is still available? I thought it required a specific pre-made pill from the Sandwhich Shop. Did you create your own?

Amazing work, btw.

csshih

Flashlight Enthusiast
bah! more trits for me to drool at.
still have yet to obtain one.. gotta get some of that norland or 30 min epoxy.

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,
Thanks for the compliments fellas! :wave:

That's a killer idea for a mule!
:eek:oo:

Credit all goes to Bruce, it was his idea.

:rock: Thanks Will, looks perfect! I can see a whole slew of glow/trit LE's being built as a result of this masterpiece, but I get the first one :nana:

It was a pleasure. Yup the first & possibly the only one from me? :grin2:

Wow, that looks really good. Does the glow powder glow constantly, or only when charged?

The glow powder only glows when charged as usual with glow powder & the trits glow all the time except when overpowered by the glow powder.

Is this the McGizmo host that is still available? I thought it required a specific pre-made pill from the Sandwhich Shop. Did you create your own?

Amazing work, btw.

Glad to see you are still around, it's been a long time! Yes this is the host still currently available from Don. It will accept any Aleph series LE. This was made with the key component (XRcan) for building a type of Aleph LE.

Awesome mod :twothumbs

Great to see your new lathe is in action :cool:
+1

Awesome way to get that new lathe into your projects :D

Will

Thanks fellas, I'm slowly learning. :eek: ;)

brighterisbetter

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well my pics are pretty lousy compared to Will's, but I just wanted to share anyway because it has arrived. Thanks again! :wave: The hairline scratches on the EN-plated head are typical for that finish and are very minor, almost unnoticeable in person.

DSC00067.jpg

DSC00071.jpg

DSC00068.jpg

DSC00070.jpg