Any mods for EO1 or similar light with white LED?

22HERTZ

Newly Enlightened
After carrying my E01 for a while I noticed I tend to use this light much more than any other light I own.
This light is just so convenient to carry (on my keys) I always have it without having to think about it.

This light is almost perfect except for the purple/blue tint.
Some say its not noticeable in real use, and while it is less of an issue it is still an issue for me.

So I was curious is there a light similar to the E01 with a whiter tint?
Are there any mods for the E01 to replace the LED with a better one?

I would think with technology getting better Fenix would update the E01 with a better (whiter) LED even at the expense of run time.

I really love this light, and it has saved my butt a few times during power outages/outdoor excursions, but I never got used to the sickly purple over a long time of owning/using the light.

22HERTZ

Newly Enlightened
LOD isnt what Im looking for.

Im looking for everything the E01 is (long runtime, watertight, common AAA, small size, reliable twist on/off)

Only thing I need different is a white LED.

Does a light just like the E01 exist with a white LED?

Cosmo7809

Enlightened
LOD isnt what Im looking for.

Im looking for everything the E01 is (long runtime, watertight, common AAA, small size, reliable twist on/off)

Only thing I need different is a white LED.

Does a light just like the E01 exist with a white LED?

Um... not trying to be a poopy head or anything but the L0D has long runtime(for low mode), is watertight, uses AAA, is small, and is a twisty

Also check here for some other options https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/229430

22HERTZ

Newly Enlightened
I stand corrected.
I thought I read somewhere it was not watertight.

Ill look into it more.
Thanks for the link :)

kramer5150

Flashaholic
You can use some ~400 grit sandpaper and frost over the LED dome. I did this with an Inova X1-V2 and it took the horridly purple spot and blended it with the yellow flood for a much smoother, floodier and whiter output. its still purple overall, but not terribly so.

I did this with a Gerber tenmpo as well.

There were reports of SF-A2 users doing the same.
I haven't tried it with my Fenix E0 though, but it should work with any Nichia LED.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
The E01 has a white LED, so I'm guessing you want a whiter one. The E01 isn't that easy to open from what I hear but if you really want to, I heard the Cree 5mm LEDs have a pretty good tint.

As said by Cosmos, the L0D-CE or LD01 might be a good choice.

22HERTZ

Newly Enlightened
After researching it doesn't make sense to bother with the E01.
Ill just get something else worth carrying for ED use.