Looking for something Surefire M4 or Mag 3C Size

computernut

Enlightened
I've had lots of cheaper flashlights over the years but I finally got a Surefire E2L and it's ruined me forever. It's my EDC in a V20 holster. I'm now looking for a replacement for my Mag 3C w/LED upgrade. I'm not as familiar with other brands so I'm asking for some help.

Used for: Camping, working (cabling, electrical), outdoor hikes, power outages

Criteria:
- Larger, a light that I can sit on the ground or shove under my arm while working or camping. Love the size of the 3C Mag.
- More Flood than Throw, would like a wide beam without too much artifacting. Love larger heads like the Surefire Turbos.
- I prefer lithiums, don't mind CR123A's due to already using them in my Surefire
- LED with between 50-100 lumens. Two stage would be nice but not required. Since I'm usually working in close or walking down a trail, I don't need it to be blinding.
- Prefer black over green anodizing, don't mind if my tools get scuffed a bit so HA not a requirement

I would like another Surefire but the only thing close is the M4 Devastator which is too expensive and is incandescent.

The other possibility is to throw something like a Malkoff LED upgrade in the Mag 3C. What would you recommend for a reflector (orange peel maybe?) and upgrading it to lithium? I don't mind primaries as my lights don't get used constantly so the cost of batteries isn't really a factor.

I thought my Mag 3C with Maglite's LED upgrade was the greatest when I got it a couple of years ago, now after getting my Surefire I can't stand using it anymore because of the look of the beam.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Last edited: