Olight T25 Tactical or T20 Tactical?

BigBluefish

Flashlight Enthusiast
With the Olight I-series ligths now out, the two Olights I was most interested in are now "affordable": the Tactical models of the T25 and T20. And they are the same price. Not that I have any money left after just buying my first SureFire, but that's another matter... :cool:

So which one to get?

The only thing that's preventing me from getting the T20, which I prefer to the T25, honestly, is the 2 x CR123a configuration. I don't have a 2 cell light for this battery for the reason that I'm concerned about it going :poof:, if I mismatch batteries. The answer of course is get a ZTS tester and stop worrying...

What I like about them:

They both have plenty of runtime on the lower modes

They are both equally bright on 'high' mode, and have low enough 'low' modes.

I have a T10, and I like the Olight beams. Great throw, with useful, smooth spill.

The T20 plusses:

The T20 seems to be just about the right size for comfortable use. My T10 and L1T while fine, are a bit small and too smooth for easy manipulation at times.

The T20 is a better size for pocket carry.

The T20 has five light leves, instead of only 3.

The T20 doesn't have those annoying strobe and sos modes. Which aren't as annoying as I thought they would be on my T10, but they do still bother me, at times. And which showed up again :sigh: on the I-series lights, still tied to the clicky.

The T20 just looks better, IMHO.

The T25 plusses:

Those strobe/sos modes might actually be useful out in the boonies if I get into trouble hunting, fishing or camping. And they are well out of the way and won't accidently get activated, since they aren't tied to the clicky.

The T25 appears to be more ruggendly constructed.

The T25 will use my rechargeable Eneloops, or L91 for the winter outdoor activities.

The T25 won't go :poof:, no matter how badly I screw up.

My uses would be general carry while out at night, in a jeans or jacket pocket, not in a holster. I'm a big, tall guy, but I think the T25 is going to be just too long for this. The secondary use would be a light to take campling, some hiking coming back after dark, and overnight backpacking trips, hunting trips where we'll be out before light and back after dark, fishing trips, the same, and as a nightstand "bump in the night" light.

Is there any reason, other than the ones I've thougth of, that make the T25 a better choice? Do any who own both have a preference for one over the other?

I think these are both nice lights, they've just been a bit pricey until now that the price has dropped. (Which may have something too, to do with the fact that they're less than that SureFire I just bought...)

BigBluefish

Flashlight Enthusiast
It appears that they are ALL gone...:faint:

:shrug:

Yep, they came and went very quickly. I already have a T10, and didn't want the same reverse clicky with the strobe on my T20.

I did pick up a L2DCE for $20!:thumbsup: So it wasn't a total loss.

Zatoichi

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can't compare as I only have the T25 tactical, but I'm happy with it if that helps. It may not sound a big deal, but the clicky on it is great to use, and you can change modes with the head one-handed easily enough.