Outdoor Beamshot For a Streamlight 4AA

Short and Round

Newly Enlightened
Can anyone help me find some outdoor, or any, beamshots for the Streamlight Propolymer 4AA with the seven LEDs? I purchased one for my father for father's day and can't wait to see what it is like!! From the reviews I understand that people are happy with the light. Any other input would be great.

Thank you!
:popcorn:

P.S. Moderators: I searched and was unable to link up or find any beamshots. Sorry, if this has been asked before, which I am sure it has.

Illum

Flashaholic
I think the SLPP4AALED was the one being noted with severely driven LEDs...

As a recall back in 2004 that was the issue, not sure if they have improved upon it
Quickbeam said:
UPDATE JULY 2004: After hearing numerous complaints from readers and users of this light I am downgrading the review rating. This is because of multiple premature failures on the part of the LED module. You may notice that the numbers on the Throw vs. Output chart are pretty high for a light with only 7 LEDs. That is because they are being driven with so much current that the LEDs are overheating and many people are experiencing premature failure of the LEDs. The symptoms are usually a strobing of one or more of the LEDs. If this happens to yours, contact Streamlight for replacement.

Since FLR only retained the description, try here instead http://ledmuseum.home.att.net/propoly1.htm

I only have the luxeon version, so...sorry :)

Last edited:

DuckhunterInTN

Newly Enlightened
I can't provide you with any beamshots, but I purchased one several years ago and gifted it to my dad. He loves the light, despite having many other (brighter) lights that he has bought or I have given him. He has never had a problem with any of the leds going out, athough in the past (as Illum mentioned) that was a problem for some.

Be aware, however, this is not the same Streamlight Propoly version (which has the single Luxeon LED) that everyone around here raves about. However I still like this version a lot, and it provides a great flood of light (I'd probably say brighter side spill than the Lux) but little throw.

tbenedict

Enlightened
I have one. The batteries last a long time (150hrs?) and it puts out a nice floody (bueish) beam good for 15-30 feet. Good upclose light for working on cars and such, but it doesn't have any significant throw.

Be sure and check the batteries frequently. Mine leaked out within a year. Took me forever to get the contacts in the switch clean enough for it to consistently work.