Interesting email from PTS about the M2C4

2sparky

Newly Enlightened
I decided this is what I wanted for my Birthday with is today and I had mom order the light cause she wanted to get something cool for me. She inquired about when the soonest possible date it could get here would be and Mike sent an email back that sparked my interest.

It started off saying the next batch is being upgraded and should be in next week for shipment, then goes on to explain the "upgrades".

Better weight balance between the head and tail

Better LED center alignment

Added more laser prints for safety

Stainless steel screws with bigger heads are being used

Better overall waterproof seal

included complete battery tray with clicky

Included M2 screw driver

Added separation between Turbo and Strobe modes.

Well sounds like EagleTac is listening to what most want! Im quite excited to get part of the second batch! Maybe there will be a third with some mechanical "Click stops" at each level? The email sounded quite promising because the real worry to me was the water/weather proofing, I got out and use my lights in the rain often. I just thought this was a good sign towards EagleTac for listening and actually providing positive feedback. I hope this helps anyone sitting on the rail between buying this or passing it up. Thanks.
-Barry-

2sparky

Newly Enlightened
Ive read that you can "move" the strobe sensor further away from the turbo sensor to you have to twist the selector ring more to get to the strobe instead of directly after the turbo mode. Im sure thats what he means with added separation.
-Barry-

ImGeo

Newly Enlightened
Woot! Glad to know its being improved... once the strobe is not a pain, and its more water proof (and maybe if they have a XP-G warm, or not) I'll get one!

Gavin S.

Newly Enlightened
That is awesome. EagleTac sure takes an interest in the feedback of its fans. It's very refreshing and other companies should take note. Thanks for that info.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
That is awesome. EagleTac sure takes an interest in the feedback of its fans. It's very refreshing and other companies should take note.

Other companies use Beta testers. It's become quite clear that Eagletac's Beta testers were the customers who ordered the first batch of this light. :ironic:

Gavin S.

Newly Enlightened
Other companies use Beta testers. It's become quite clear that Eagletac's Beta testers were the customers who ordered the first batch of this light. :ironic:

Good point, but I wouldn't be surprised if they switched out the older models for the improved ones with the folks who early adopted. Hopefully.

clumma

Newly Enlightened
Good point, but I wouldn't be surprised if they switched out the older models for the improved ones with the folks who early adopted. Hopefully.

That would be good. I like the light, but the strobe and waterproofing issues really suck the puck. I'd pay for a laser-printed control ring, but if there are going to be this many improvements this soon since launch (my preorder wait was longer), I think it would be appropriate to offer a retrofit or swap (I'll pay for return shipping).

-Carl

Saint_Dogbert

Enlightened
This seems to be an emerging pattern w/Eagletac, e.g. rolling out a new light, then having to following up shortly after with a new batch to fix the little problems with the first production run. It's great that Eagletac is so quick to address problems with their products, but I think a lot of these issues could have been corrected with adequate testing prior to release.

I would be surprised if Eagletac allows exchanges. Most owners of the P- and T10 series lights who had the older style bezels were not given what is basically a free upgrade. But I could be wrong, hopefully I am.

Kiessling

Flashaholic
Since I really like the concept of this light, I'll have to buy another one. I admit this sucks big time. But I do want a working sample of this light.

Mjolnir

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maybe Eagletac should ship out some lights to the reviewers on this forum first, before they release it. They seem to be able to identify potential issues pretty easily/quickly, and then they could let Eagletac know what they need for the final product to be released.

csshih

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maybe Eagletac should ship out some lights to the reviewers on this forum first, before they release it. They seem to be able to identify potential issues pretty easily/quickly, and then they could let Eagletac know what they need for the final product to be released.

I am getting one directly from eagletac. Hopefully, it will get to me before general consumers, I'll be sure to check for these problems.

Schwartz

Newly Enlightened
I'm thinking I need to keep myself under control and not get spun up and excitedly pre-order stuff anymore. It just seems to turn into aggravation and frustration from every angle. This light has taught me a lesson. I think from now on I will wait and see how things go and what the reviews say and stuff is in stock before I jump in.

jzmtl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Once again, the first batchers got the shittier end of the stick...
bangheadji6.gif

The T10C2 to T10LC2 I didn't mind because their fix did isolat the window properly, but this one I don't know how it'll turn out. Bought two eagletac lights and turned out to be unwilling beta tester both times, urg...

Last edited:

dirtech

Enlightened
I'm thinking I need to keep myself under control and not get spun up and excitedly pre-order stuff anymore. It just seems to turn into aggravation and frustration from every angle. This light has taught me a lesson. I think from now on I will wait and see how things go and what the reviews say and stuff is in stock before I jump in.

Unfortunately, if all of us beta testers use the same tactic where would all the suggestions for improvements come from when the company prematurely releases a light. I guess they would have to follow suit with making sure reviewers get their hands on a light pretty quick so they could drum up sales.

I for one a happy with the light so far. I can easily get the orings or replacement screws Im sure. A laser engraved control ring would be sweet, but not a deal breaker for me.

How are people getting the orings, BTW? Do I need to contact someone about them?

jzmtl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Unfortunately, if all of us beta testers use the same tactic where would all the suggestions for improvements come from when the company prematurely releases a light. I guess they would have to follow suit with making sure reviewers get their hands on a light pretty quick so they could drum up sales.

Beta testers are usually paid by the company don't they? I don't even mind doing beta testing for free for products I like, but what I do not want is pay the same amount of money only to get a crappy half finished product.

I found 4 or 5 problems with it less than a day after receiving it, I can't imagine it would be hard for them to do the same before release.

For o rings email eagle tac, I just put some RTV silicone under the four screws and it's now watertight.