Looking for a P100A2 type light that can stand up like a candle

tracerit

Newly Enlightened
The Eagletac P100A2 seems like the kind of light I'm looking for but it's just missing these features:

-crenellated front bezel (probably will never use it anyways)
-a tail cap that allows it to stand up to use as a candle

Is there a special tail end cap that I can buy or another flashlight that has those features, preferably both of the features, but more the standing tail cap.

Also, i'll be keeping this light in the car, and will be using the Sanyo Eneloop batteries. How long would you say the flashlight will remain functional before it needs to have it's batteries recharged?

Nightstalker1993

Newly Enlightened
there is a tailstanding tailcap which should be on sale by the end of this month.

my local retailer here says its gonna cost about RM20, roughly USD5-7

the p100a2 do have crenelated bezel, just not so pointy and is not made as a strike bezel.

about the batteries, do note that every extra 10c rise in temperature, doubles the discharge rate. So make sure you choose a good spot to keep the light :)

AusKipper

Enlightened
Fenix TK20 can tailstand, however, doesnt have the crenelated front bezel.

It is also a warm tint, not a cool tint like the EagleTac (most people view this as a plus, though you wont quite get as many lumins )

I have love my TK20 (as im sure you will find if you read some of my posts lol)

About the batteries, i would re-charge every 6 months just to be sure. Keeping your light under your front seat is probably about the coolest spot you will find in the car.

tracerit

Newly Enlightened
nice, i think i may go with the P100A2 and get the tail end later on, it's on eagletac's site but the page to the tail end doesn't work :/

the fenix tk20 just looks funky haha, not a fan of the rubber grip.

what's the difference between AA and CR123A and 18650 batteries?

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've just received a tailstanding cap from EagleTac for my P100A2. So, yeah, it's available.

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
did it come with it or did you have to buy it? if so, where?

I got it from EagleTac. They were very kind to give it to me :kiss: when I purchased a new P100A2 head (I busted mine, don't ask why :whistle:).

Left is the stock tactical switch. Right the new tailstanding switch.
p1000351uvv.jpg

Switch in action.
p1000352u.jpg

Hey! Look what we have here, premiering the new EagleTac 1xCR123....
p1000354.jpg

Nah, I kid, it's my leftover head and switch :nana:

Nightstalker1993

Newly Enlightened
hope you don't mind me asking, but what did you do to it? lol.

can't wait to get my hands on the tailstand rear tailcap. looks like that its more stable to stand it on the tailcap than on the head!

is it easy to press the switch btw with the new tailcap?

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
hope you don't mind me asking, but what did you do to it? lol.

can't wait to get my hands on the tailstand rear tailcap. looks like that its more stable to stand it on the tailcap than on the head!

is it easy to press the switch btw with the new tailcap?

You got that right, it's one of the most stable tailstanding cap I've tried.
And switching is easy because there's ample gap between the boot and the frame, giving your thumb easy access to activate it.

Nightstalker1993

Newly Enlightened
You got that right, it's one of the most stable tailstanding cap I've tried.
And switching is easy because there's ample gap between the boot and the frame, giving your thumb easy access to activate it.

kill 2 birds with 1 stone eh?

huge base area for increased stability and also larger gap for increased usability. :twothumbs

anyway, so how did you busted up the head lol...

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
kill 2 birds with 1 stone eh?

huge base area for increased stability and also larger gap for increased usability. :twothumbs

anyway, so how did you busted up the head lol...

Aw darn, was hoping you forgot about that.

Out of a great adventurous spirit, I inserted 2x14500. It didn't go :poof: and gave me 5 seconds of great delight with a mini sun in my hand. Then it turned off by itself. My tingling spider sense told me my eagle's in trouble. So I put back primary batts and the led has diminished output by 50% from hence forth. So... would you be interested to buy an extra head from me? :whistle:

Nightstalker1993

Newly Enlightened
ouch, man that gotta hurt...

the most I did was using Oxyrides, rated 1.8v initial and got pretty much the same brightness as normal alkaline, but instead the low mode was the same brightness as the high for the first 10 minutes...

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
ouch, man that gotta hurt...

the most I did was using Oxyrides, rated 1.8v initial and got pretty much the same brightness as normal alkaline, but instead the low mode was the same brightness as the high for the first 10 minutes...

Nothing venture nothing gain. See, I got a free tailstanding cap, compliments of EagleTac. :clap:

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just e-mailed eagletac store for some info on the tailstand cap, will post as soon as I get a reply.

Duglite

Newly Enlightened
Zerual: " Hey! Look what we have here, premiering the new EagleTac 1xCR123...."

Man, you'd save a fortune on batteries with that!

And the zero lumens is the holy grail of low modes.