RA twisty clips - what is available? - do you like these? EDIT: better pics up

Moddoo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello everyone,
I just received my first RA yesterday.
I know very little about them.
Nice little light.
I am a bit baffled by the stiffness of the springs and effort it takes to twist. but that is a whole search I have not done yet.

Anyway,
I have not seen many clips for these lights.

My Z-58/ Z-59 clips fit pretty much perfectly.
of course adjusting the reflector to match the clip thickness should be done.
I think this should be easy for any of us. A thicker O-ring would probably be needed.

Anyway, here is how they look.
I'll get some better pics this evening.
EDIT: new pics up.
Let me know what you think.

twisty036.jpg

twisty038.jpg

twisty044.jpg

twisty048.jpg

twisty051.jpg

Last edited:

Mike D

Newly Enlightened
Re: RA twisty clips - what is available? - do you like these?

I like it.

How much, and where can I get two or three?

The clicky and twisty are in dire need of a good clip and the titanium ones offered here are too expensive, IMO.

One suggestion if I may... if your going to sell the clips figure out which larger size O-ring is gonna be needed for the bezels of clickies and twisties and include it with the clip. Im guessing this will make much happier customers.

Mike

Moddoo

Flashlight Enthusiast

I like it.

How much, and where can I get two or three?

The clicky and twisty are in dire need of a good clip and the titanium ones offered here are too expensive, IMO.

One suggestion if I may... if your going to sell the clips figure out which larger size O-ring is gonna be needed for the bezels of clickies and twisties and include it with the clip. Im guessing this will make much happier customers.

Mike

Hey Mike,

I added a link in my sig if you would like to get some.
I will find some suitable O-rings to offer with them.
This wasn't really a sales thread.

I figured there would be some awesome clips out there already.

Honestly, with so much RA stuff to surf through, I surely missed some of the options.

Anyone feel free to comment good or bad on these and link me to other twisty clips.

Thanks

JonM

Newly Enlightened
Are your clips compatible with the clicky as well, or are they only for twisties? Can both the clicky and the twisties have their bezels removed easily?

dagored

Enlightened
Are your clips compatible with the clicky as well, or are they only for twisties? Can both the clicky and the twisties have their bezels removed easily?

I also would like an answer to these questions. I have tried to remove the bezel of my 140cn. Is there a trick to do it without damaging or scratching it?

Moddoo

Flashlight Enthusiast
My twisty came apart fairly easily by hand.

The bezels are the same on both lights. EDIT: confirmed by Henry, the bezels are interchangeable.

So, the clips should fit the same on both lights.

Thanks Thermalguy.

Last edited:

lrp

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like that clip as well! Have tried removing the bezel on a couple of my lights and can't budge it!!

Mike D

Newly Enlightened

Hey Mike,

I added a link in my sig if you would like to get some.
I will find some suitable O-rings to offer with them.
This wasn't really a sales thread.

I figured there would be some awesome clips out there already.

Honestly, with so much RA stuff to surf through, I surely missed some of the options.

Anyone feel free to comment good or bad on these and link me to other twisty clips.

Thanks

Moddoo,

I saw your thread this morning for the clips in CPFM, I will be buying a few after I finish with this post. I still would like the right size o-ring come with the clip, but if it doesn't, it wont kill me:p:thumbsup:

The only other twisy clip I've seen, other then a Novatac clip, are made by LLCoolBeans and need the very end of battery tube to be drilled and tapped for a McGizmo Ti clip to work. Its a pretty nice setup and allows bezel down carry which I prefer.
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/225631

Here's is a link to the Clicky Ti clips which are very nice but pricey IMO. If I could get a bezel down clip made out of stainless for half of what he wants for his Ti ones, this would be the hot ticket for me.
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/225325

Anyways, off the the Market.

Mike

Moddoo

Flashlight Enthusiast

Moddoo,

I saw your thread this morning for the clips in CPFM, I will be buying a few after I finish with this post. I still would like the right size o-ring come with the clip, but if it doesn't, it wont kill me:p:thumbsup:

The only other twisy clip I've seen, other then a Novatac clip, are made by LLCoolBeans and need the very end of battery tube to be drilled and tapped for a McGizmo Ti clip to work. Its a pretty nice setup and allows bezel down carry which I prefer.
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/225631

Here's is a link to the Clicky Ti clips which are very nice but pricey IMO. If I could get a bezel down clip made out of stainless for half of what he wants for his Ti ones, this would be the hot ticket for me.
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/225325

Anyways, off the the Market.

Mike

Thanks for the links Mike.

Their prices are a bit high, but that's what you pay for custom hand-built & machined stuff like that. I'm sure they are worth it.

I have a few people that I work with who do top-notch sheetmetal work daily.
After I design a prototype and try it out, I have these professionals make parts. I buy quantities of about 50 pieces, with a bit of risk of course. This way we all get cool parts made well for a good price.:twothumbs

I am always listening to everyones suggestions and hoping to bring new cool parts to the market.

I need to try this clip on my 120p tonight...

Last edited: