SL TwinTask 3C and 2L showed up today

JustAGuy

Newly Enlightened
The brown truck showed up around dinner time, and I'm trying to work tonight, so these are first impressions. The lights are the new Streamlight titanium 3C and 2L (123) TwinTasks.

Both lights were $29.95. Both are very solid and well-made, with excellent fit, finish, and feel. Both are very versatile, and they both get my thumbs-up.

The 3C: Three pushbutton settings: 3 LEDs, 6 LEDs, and Xenon. The packaging says the light is rated for 160 hours, 100 hours, and 5 hours, respectively. On 3 LED setting, the SL is brighter than the PT Attitude . On 6 LED setting, it's a nice output but not nearly as bright as SL 4AA 7 LED. On Xenon, it's noticeably brighter and more dispersed than a PT-40 or UK 4AA. Adjustable beam on Xenon, and it gets significantly tighter than the new 2L.

The 2L: Two pushbutton settings: 3 LEDs and Xenon. Packaging rates them at 28 and 2.5 hours, respectively. On LED setting, it's brighter and tighter than PT Attitude. On Xenon setting, it's also noticeably brighter than the PT-40 and the UK 4AA, and definitely more dispersed than either of those. It wouldn't "focus" as tightly as the 3C.

Need to spend more time with these babies, but so far, for $30, I'm impressed.

Oops, almost forgot, also checked both (on Xenon) against Mag 2D that was in my desk. Um, the Mag could be adjusted to a tighter beam, but otherwise the difference was night and day.

Catapult

Enlightened
Sounds pretty good so far. What color finish did you get yours in and why?

Catapult

Enlightened
Oh, I missed that in the review! I'm still stuck on black or titanium finish. I like both those colors. Getting both colors is out of the question, so I must choose one. Just thinking about which color, oh, the horror!

Quickbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll have reviews of all the TT lights and Luxeon Task light appearing sporatically on my site over the next week or two. Just received them all today so it's going to take a while to get them all reviewed.

So far the impression is quite good. Very similar to the XenErgy 3 in 1 (Nuwai AL-606), but with a little different body design - sleeker. Different knurling too.

All of mine have the silver finish and it looks very nice - plus scratches won't readily show as they would on the black finish lights.

I've only opened the 1L and it's a little sweetheart. I immediately fell in love with it. Not as bright or as tight a focus as the Xenergy, but much smaller, unobtrusive, and very usable!

Patrick Hayes

Newly Enlightened
My 1L in Ti finish came yesterday. It is a bit bigger than I hoped but aside from that it is great. Great fit and finish. Large O rings, deep knurling. A very nice light. Surefire has some real compition for the A2 with these lights. Only draw back is no tail cap switch. I may have to but another in a larger size. I showed it to my brother in law who has never been impressed by my Arc LS or Surefire E1 and G2. He wants one and didn't freak about the price like he did on the LS. Score one for Streamlight.

Quickbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
If (and this is a big "if") you can get Don (McGizmo) to do it, the Xenergy tailcap + Kroll mod he did for me fits the L1 and L2, giving it a tailcap switch. The tailcap is almost identical with the knurling being the only difference I see, so the mod process should be exactly the same for the Xenergy, the L1, and the L2. I know he's really busy with other projects, so it probably isn't worth it to get your hopes up.

xenergy.jpg

BTW, the mod cost me almost as much as the Xenergy light itself, but is worth it IMHO.