Affordable CR2 light recommendations?

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think it would be neat to add a small CR2 light to my collection but something like the Jil is out of my price range. Anything that's small and decent but this side of $50?

paintballdad

Enlightened
Peak Pacific in a pocket CR2 body! :twothumbs
Great light, i just recently sold my brass Pacifics and really miss the pocket body CR2 :(.

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
I found a cheapo budget CR2 light and bought it just to give it a shot, the output isnt blindingly bright but its more than adequate for my uses (night fishing, night navigating around the house, on a dark beach etc). It's a single mode twisty, was a bit rough at first but after lubing everything its smooth now.

Buildwise, it feels sturdy and the head sits fine without any wobble (at least on mine).

this is the one i bought (think if you compare, this was the shortest of the CR2 lights available from this site. No problems with delivery either).

There are others on this site too, like this one which i may buy next. Love tiny budget lights which i wont mind if they get abused or lost but which still serves the purpose.

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is there a more worse website the Peak LED Solutions? Under the Ocean "Pacific" series, I only see triple and double AA lights.

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do you only want single cell? Coleman makes a 2xCR2 that claims 115 lumens and costs half your budget.

+1
i have that light, love it, it outshines and outlasts my surefire e2(which i thought was the brightest light for the size when i got it 6-7 year ago)

Incidentalist

Enlightened
Muyshondt just lowered their prices on the Aeon significantly. It's still a fair bit above your budget, but considering that this is the same light that used to go for almost double the current retail price, it is well worth the money.

Norm

Retired Administrator
Peak Pacific with CR2 pocket body.

Picture by lightsandknives
2729364059e0a6ab4409o63.jpg

Last edited:

stinky

Newly Enlightened
I have been carrying this one on my keychain for over about 18 months with no problems and no failures using the cheapo DX rechargeable CR2s. Now that the Aeon is cheaper, I may replace it though.

Ultrafire WF-606B1 3W Cree Flashlight with Extension Tube Grey

It's out of stock at DX, but you may find it elsewhere for around $20. Be sure to get the WF-606B1 with the P4, and not the WF-606B which has an old Luxeon.

I wrote about it back in February Will there EVER be an affordable CR2 sub 3" light?

-------------------edit

Couldn't resist the price drop. Just bought an Aeon. ;-)

Last edited:

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have been carrying this one on my keychain for over about 18 months with no problems and no failures using the cheapo DX rechargeable CR2s. Now that the Aeon is cheaper, I may replace it though.

Ultrafire WF-606B1 3W Cree Flashlight with Extension Tube Grey

It's out of stock at DX, but you may find it elsewhere for around $20. Be sure to get the WF-606B1 with the P4, and not the WF-606B which has an old Luxeon.

I wrote about it back in February Will there EVER be an affordable CR2 sub 3" light?

-------------------edit

Couldn't resist the price drop. Just bought an Aeon. ;-)

The answer is YES. i got this light for $13.70, with a pack of 5xPanasonic CR2s, it came to $20.20.

Dimensions of the light: 2.44" x 0.75" x 0.75" :D is that good enough??

I put it up for sale in the MP (but for Singapore only) but have withdrawn it as i am likin it more and more. Output isnt blazing but its more than good enough for general purpose uses. I ordered it on 29th April and it was dispatched 8th May. I probably received it sometime in May and have been playing around with it off and on and its still on the 1st Panasonic CR2 with no dimming.

They have a couple of other models there too but you gotta search for them using the term "CR2 light", they just lump all the products with the term "CR2 light" in the description so you have to go through the results page by page.

I have nearly the same light as you, but mine is the Ultrafire WF606A Cree Q2 which i find amply bright, it runs down a RCR2 in less than 20 minutes though it is BRIGHT!!!

Let me know if you all want pics and beamshots cos i dont want to hijack this thread :D

Last edited:

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
For a little more than $50 shipment included you can have a LiteFlux LF4 which is a very compact light with a lot of functions. It also has a built-in ODP circuit that enables you to use the currently available non-protected RCR2 li-ion cells. :cool:

2ivil37.jpg

jjearl111

Newly Enlightened
Look up TA20, or TA30. But for more expensive you can get the E2D LED defender from surefire. Good luck.