The Life+Gear 360...the ultimate C cell light??

mikekoz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I love C cell lights! To me, they are just the right form factor in a light. Maybe not for every day carry, but for just plain ole general use around the house, behind the house, in a backpack, etc. To me there is just not enough real good ones. As far as high end lights, the best I can tell, none exist. Surefire is stuck on lithium, Fenix does not have one, and Nitecore, Wolfeyes, etc, just do not make them. So along comes the Life+Gear 360. I picked this up from another CPF member, and I will have to say, this to me, is the Surefire of C cell lights!!:thumbsup:

First of all, this thing is bright! It may not be 360 lumens, but it is brighter than every light I own except the three megalights I got over the last few months (TK40, Solarforce L950, Eagletac MX2C4). But forget those for this little write up, they are a different class of lights, and are not really comparable to this Life+Gear. They are also in a different price range.

It is a three stage light....high...low...strobe. The switch is reverse clickie. The light comes on in high, and modes are changed by gently pressing the switch. The low is actually a very good low, and should make the light run for quite some time. The high will light up my back yard!

The build quality is very good. The finish is surprisingly good, although I am sure it is not HAIII. The packaging does not give this info. It claims to be waterproof, has 3 Cree P4 leds, and has a polycarbonate lens. One thing missing from the specs is runtime. Oddly enough, the light is not on the Life+Gear webpage. As a matter of fact, none of their lights that are being sold in Target right now are listed there either. This light is being sold at Costco for $79.99 for two of them. It is also being sold by various places online for $55.00 to $70.00.

This is my fav C cell light at this moment and I plan to get some high capacity NIMH cells for it soon to increase its performance even more!
I realize that this brand is not overly known by most here, but if they keep putting out products like this, that may change!

Last edited:

adirondackdestroyer

Flashlight Enthusiast
I also really like C cell lights, and always wondered why there aren't more high quality ones on the market. I have the Taskforce 2C, Rayovac 3C, and Nightfire 2C.
I'll most likely pick up one of these bad boys to add to the C cell collection. How does the UI work? Does it come on high or low first? Are the LEDs easy to get to for modding purposes?

sol-leks

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks quite nice, but it looks like its a bit pricey imo.

mikekoz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I also really like C cell lights, and always wondered why there aren't more high quality ones on the market. I have the Taskforce 2C, Rayovac 3C, and Nightfire 2C.
I'll most likely pick up one of these bad boys to add to the C cell collection. How does the UI work? Does it come on high or low first? Are the LEDs easy to get to for modding purposes?

The interface is simple. Click to turn on (it starts on high), then gently push the button to switch modes. I am not a modder, so I can not answer your last question. The bezel screws off to gain access to the leds if that helps!

KeyGrip

Flashlight Enthusiast
A two pack, huh? Not bad. Might be worth it for the opportunity to crack one open for a mod and if you screw it up you still have the other.

HIDblue

Enlightened
Mikekoz, any chance you could post up pics of some beamshots? Those life+gear 360's seem to get good reviews on costco.com but it's hard to tell without some pics of the actual beams.

don.gwapo

Enlightened
That is bright indeed. They are selling that at selected Longs drugstore for $19.99 special. I almost buy that light but skip coz it's to long for my liking.

MojaveMoon07

Enlightened
I love C cell lights! To me, they are just the right form factor in a light. Maybe not for every day carry, but for just plain ole general use around the house, behind the house, in a backpack, etc. To me there is just not enough real good ones. As far as high end lights, the best I can tell, none exist.

I was curious about that, too, recently. I came across an idea on this forum for what could be considered a high end 'C' flashlight. Would it be inappropriate to mention it ?

ixfd64

Newly Enlightened
I got two of those lights today. I've only played with one for a few minutes, but I can say that it's an awesome light.