Photos of the different KL4 heads?

flip

Enlightened
Help. I am trying to figure out which generation of KL4 head I have. I have searched for photos of the different generations together but I haven't found what I needed. Does anybody have some pics or can you point me in the right direction?

mudman cj

Flashlight Enthusiast
Where corn and pigs are grown unimpeded by trees
I have modded about 10 KL4 heads now, and I have not found a way to tell them apart from the outside. The real difference is in the heatsink design on the inside. I *may* have noticed a trend that the more green HA finish parts were the older generations, but please don't consider that reliable. Milkyspit mentioned to me that he thought there was a change in the reflectors with some being more concave and others more straight, but I can't say that I was able to tell a difference. :shrug:

flip

Enlightened
Thanks Mudman. I guess I didn't have a stupid question after all. So, I'll try again: Can you look at the emitter and tell what it is?

flip

Enlightened
I hate to admit that I know nothing about the KL4s. I was trying to figure out what I have. ANY INFO I got here would be more than I knew about it.