New member killed his Fenix T1

Ozgeardo

Newly Enlightened
Hello,
I have been lurking about for quite some time listening and learning about all things illuminating (I now realise how little I did know).
I have a reasonable collection of flashlights (or torches as we call them here in Australia). Whilst I have a selection of makes and models including Surefire/Petzl/Jetbeam/Ultrafire/Lenser my number one favourite light for the last few years has been my tried and proven Fenix T1.

Well after numerous attempts to destroy this beast the clicky has finally given up the will to live (well "click" anyway). Not that the unit has let me down......I can still operate by turning tail cap to permanently "on" or if I adjust the tail cap to the right spot I can use the "Clicky" to operate as a momentary "press and hold to operate". Would be nice if I could repair/replace the clicky?

Or should I just use this as an excuse to upgrade to a TK10-11-12 ?
One of my colleagues is trying to convince me a Lenser P7 is the go but I just do not think they IMHO are as "soldier proof".

Hope to get a little more involved here in the future.
Thanks

Ny0ng1

Enlightened
:welcome:

im not sure about fenix warranty on tail switches, but you may want to try to claim it to the shop where you purchased it from?

Kgp

Newly Enlightened
Interested too, my t1 has exactly the same problem. I purchased mine on eBay years back.

ikelo

Newly Enlightened
i love fenix lights, but i can see why the canned the T1. i hate mine. i've used it just a few times because it has a horrible capacitor whine coming from the tailcap. i hate the clip, and i can't even turn it to low mode. every time i see it, i get a little frustrated that i bought that instead of something else.

Ozgeardo

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the replies team!

I really do like my T1 and unlike many (if not most users) I recon the spring clip is one of the best features, it attaches firmly in all my many belts, equipment pockets and pouches that it spends time in).

I was hoping someone could point me in the direction of a replacement clicky (genuine or generic?). I purchase most of my lights from Lighthound (can I give them a plug as one of the best to deal with for us foreigners) but I don't see replacement parts listed anywhere (or anywhere else for that matter).

Warranty would well and truly be out of date and to tell the truth I have abused the heck out of my T1. (They are designed to dig holes, hammer nails and when required serve as a flashlight aren't they)

I am leaning towards the possibility of a TK11 R2 as a replacement and relegate the T1 to reserve status! The thing I like about this forum is I know you guys wont think me weird when I say you can never have enough flashlights.

strinq

Enlightened
I say do both.
Try ur best to get the replacement switch. E-mail fenix or whoever u got it from etc.
And get the TK11 (or u can always get the cheaper and as good t100c2 from eagletac).

burntoshine

Enlightened
yeah, either way try to get your T1 working again. 7777 sells a tactical switch, but you should write them and find out if it's compatible with the T1. i wrote them to see if the remote pressure switch was compatible with the T1 and they said it was not. the replacement switch might be the same though. i like my T1, but it has become a shelf queen since i bought the TK40; you should get one of those. they're amazing throwers and crazy bright.

good luck! :)

Sardaukar

Enlightened
I received a replacement T1 switch from 4seven's this year. Contact them and see if they'll sell you one.

robvantour

Newly Enlightened
I have a TK11 R2, the switch broke 2 times and I got a new one from Fenix Netherlands within 3 days(for free).

The TK11 fell right on the switch, wich instantly killed it.

Recently I bought a TA21, and because of the sunken switch, the body gets all the beatings, and not the switch itself.

Ozgeardo

Newly Enlightened
Thanks team, I just emailed Lighthound and they recon they can do a replacement switch for $7. Guess I will order one with my order for a TK11R2 and some more goodies (can we ever have enough toys!).

d1337

Enlightened
Thanks team, I just emailed Lighthound and they recon they can do a replacement switch for $7. Guess I will order one with my order for a TK11R2 and some more goodies (can we ever have enough toys!).

You have to love a happy ending. :thumbsup:

TONY M

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hopefully it will be up & running and as good as new in no time as the T1 is way too good a light to neglect.

:welcome:

Ozgeardo

Newly Enlightened
Got a whole pile of goodies from Lighthound arrive yesterday (better than opening Xmas presents) including a new tail clicky. ($7USD).

Have given the T1 a quick refurbish and installed the clicky :thumbsup:

I know this is now a very old and dated LED but I just have such a soft spot for this animal. (It was my first 2 x CR123 LED light) and it just looks as solid as it is and that mega huge clip is just the right size and shape for me (someone has to like the clip other than the guy who designed it).

Yes another happy ending :twothumbs