Will Zebralight ever make neutral tint or AAA lights?

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast
First I'd like to see the H50 in a neutral tint. I like the UI of the H50 more than the others as it's very simple. Maybe even use the same optic as the H501.

Second I'd really like a AAA Zebralight, same twisty UI as the H50 to keep it nice and small, neutral tint as well. I don't know if an XR-E would fit on the side of a AAA light, but an XP-E definately would.

Does Zebralight have any such plans?

davidt1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Will Zebralight ever make....

If you want small get the Maratac aaa light and clip it to a headband on the side of your head to use as a headlamp. If I had thought of this sooner I might not have bought a headlamp. Don't get me wrong. I absolutely love my H501 and have no regret in buying it. I now EDC it and a Maratac aaa light.

GuyZero

Newly Enlightened

I've been thinking lately about how Zebralight (or somebody) should make a small, simple, inexpensive AAA headlamp too.

I envision basically a Fenix E01 with an angled head and the same style synthetic rubber headband mount as the other Zebralights. Simple, reliable twist on/off, one brightness setting (10 lumens), same GS bulb with the medium range focus (I think a no-hotspot, even spread focus would be too dim at 10 lumens for most uses), 8-10 hour runtime... Yeah, basically a Fenix E01 with an angled head.

I imagine servicemen clipping them to their shirts, duct tapping them to equipment, standing them on end as a directed work light... The tiny size and negligible weight would make them a no brainer to carry around.

And if they could hit a $25-30 price point I think they would sell a bundle of them.

Barrie

Enlightened

AAA ZL
i would go for one but i would need to be a bit more than 10lms for me to buy it minimum of 25-30 for me i have a ZL H30 and a fenix L0D i never use the low on either

Shorty66

Enlightened

I´d rather want it to be 0.5/15/50 lm...

ANd zebralight really needs a new headband concept which is more suitable for edc-use (pocket carry).

jonesy

Enlightened

I would be perfectly content with an h30 in a warmer tint. I took my regular H30 on a camping trip for two weeks and it was invaluable, but the cool tint made it hard to navigate trails sometimes.

GuyZero

Newly Enlightened
@Jonesy: How about an H501 with a warm tint, like this? It's brighter than the H30, runs just as long, and takes a more versatile and common AA battery. Other than being longer by a 1/2 inch I can't really see any down sides. (Oh great, now I'm talking myself into buying one...)

@Shorty66: Say they came up with some sort of Zipka type headband, would that be secure enough to hold an AA in an aluminum body on your head? Would probably work with an AAA...

GuyZero

Newly Enlightened
I'd vote against Zebralight putting a high powered emitter with multiple levels into an AAA headlamp, and here's why:

Say they made one that was basically a Fenix LD01 with an angled head... They'd have to make it bigger around to accommodate the depth of the lens and external light shield, and also thick enough to provide adequate thermal sinking. And once they added in the headband and accessories, and with the more complex tooling required to make a right angled light that small, they'd be unlikely to hit a price point much below what the LD01 costs. So what you'd end up with is basically a slightly smaller H501 that costs almost the same amount but has a comparatively crappy runtime. I don't think they would sell terribly well; why not just buy an H501?

On the other hand, if they could offer a tiny, single level headlamp with a 5mm LED for under $30... How many people on this forum do you think wouldn't buy one (or several)? I think the people here would be stocking them in their bug out bags, EDCing them, keeping them in their cars...

Because it would be so light weight they could also ship them with a much thinner headband, so it would be more compact. They could even ship them with a small plastic storage case that would be just begging to be tossed into glove boxes and in with emergency supplies.

Well, I'd at least buy several of them.

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been wanting a zebralight H60W and H30 for some time now...

Anyone know where to find them in stock?:popcorn:

I held off until at least the H60 was offered with a warm emitter choice.

I may have to mod the H30 myself.

wapkil

Enlightened
I've been wanting a zebralight H60W and H30 for some time now...

Anyone know where to find them in stock?:popcorn:

Does the question mean that for some reason you ruled out the option of buying them directly from ZebraLight?

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does the question mean that for some reason you ruled out the option of buying them directly from ZebraLight?

Not at all!:wave:

Does anyone have any experiance ordering directly from them?

I was just hoping to get it fast...

How long does it seem to usually take?

If their shipping is fast, I'll place an order today.

EDIT: couldn't find anyone state side so I ordered directly.
Hopefully EMS shipping is fast..

Last edited:

Shorty66

Enlightened
@Jonesy: How about an H501 with a warm tint, like this? It's brighter than the H30, runs just as long, and takes a more versatile and common AA battery. Other than being longer by a 1/2 inch I can't really see any down sides. (Oh great, now I'm talking myself into buying one...)

@Shorty66: Say they came up with some sort of Zipka type headband, would that be secure enough to hold an AA in an aluminum body on your head? Would probably work with an AAA...

Yeah that works perfectly:
h501zipka.jpg

Not bouncing at all with my h501.

I first thought this out for my H60 and that works too but its not that stable and more of an emergency solution...

The zipkastyle headband is a lot more pocketable than the standard one but i think its still to much bulk for edc.

wapkil

Enlightened
Not at all!:wave:

Does anyone have any experiance ordering directly from them?

I was just hoping to get it fast...

How long does it seem to usually take?

If their shipping is fast, I'll place an order today.

EDIT: couldn't find anyone state side so I ordered directly.
Hopefully EMS shipping is fast..

I don't remember exactly but regular airmail shipping to Europe took around a week, EMS should be faster :)

Glock27

Enlightened
I've ordered direct several times. IMHO, the key is to order 2 or more which triggers free EMS shipping (>$75). ~10 days to central MO and you get a tracking ## that works well.
G27

davidt1

Flashlight Enthusiast
I suggested an aaa light many months ago, but after owning an H501 I feel an aaa would give up much of the power and run time advantage of an aa light. Then I bought a Maratac aaa light. I carry the Maratac in the left front shirt pocket and the H501 in the right. We all know the H501 is small and light, yet it feels big next to the Maratac. Anyway, now I am all for an aaa ZL headlamp again if they can make it as small as say the Maratac light. With Eneloop batteries the cost of running aaa lights shouldn't be a problem.

So I would say yes please make an aaa light as long as it's really small. And give it adequate power too, not some near useless 10 lumens thingy.

Last edited:

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast
It'd be great if they could make it the same size ratio as the H50 compared to other AA lights. I definately wouldn't buy a 5mm LED version for 25-30 dollars, especially if it was a simple 1 moder, 20 maybe.

Foxx510

Enlightened
I don't think adding to the product range should be a priotity at ZL right now, there are more important things to get right first.