lanyard for an E2??

Mr. Blue

Enlightened
I will be getting a KL1 for my E2 which means losing the clip. Anyone know of a means to attach a lanyard to a clipless E2?

JackBlades

Enlightened
Looking at (and measuring) my own E2e, you could attach a lanyard ring underneath the LOTC, but it wouldn't allow you to screw down for constant on illumination. The only fix for that would be to grind/sand/file down the edge of the LOTC for clearance.........
frown.gif

McGizmo

Flashaholic
This is a suggestion that should work but I haven't tried it. On the LOTC, there is a small allen head screw that secures the contact plunger to the metal button (under the rubber switch cap). If you remove the spring and then the screw and contact plunger, you might be able to place a spacer between the contact plunger and button. The thickness of this spacer will be the amount that you stand the cap away from the flashlight body. If you use the SureFire lanyard ring, this spacer wouldn't need to be very thick and I believe the screw is long enough to still connect the contact plunger to the button.

I don't know if I have explained this clearly. If the spacer is too thick, you may end up exposing the O-ring when you turn the cap to the "lock out" position. I don't have one of those lanyard rings or I could try this myself and report my findings.

You could also get some spectra fishing line that is the thickness of a thick thread but stronger than necessary and splice a loop on the body, forward of the O-ring. I believe you will find that you can still go to constant on with the cap.

- Don

Mr. Blue

Enlightened
thanks gents..note it is an E2, not E2e.
Don's spectra line might work, but I am afraid the constant on may degrade it over time.
Don, how do you "splice" fishing line...isn't it monofilament?

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Geoff,

The spectra fishing line is actually a braided hollow core line. They even sell tiny splicing tools for splicing it. Spectra is very abraision resistant as well as slippery. I think you have as much chance of wearing down the HA as you do abraiding the spectra! I really don't think you will have a problem with wear. You can also get some 200 lb test spectra kite string that can be spliced. It is also very small in diameter and shouldn't intefer with the constant on.

- Don

Mr. Blue

Enlightened
where did you get the parts???/FABULOUS!!
how does the constant on still work
EDIT...where did you get the ring? also, is that just solder? Can you describe its placement inside the switch?? tia

yclo

Flashaholic*
For those who are interested, the ring is just a paper clip with some solder on it...
smile.gif

The other two pieces are to be placed between the switch and the rubber tailcap. This decreases the travel of the tailcap to constant on, and thus provides a gap big enough to accommodate the ring.

I'm not sure how well the solder will hold up though.

YC