I need your opinions! A2 or M3?

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
as stated above...i'm having a dilemma now /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif i know the M3 would be antiquated when compared to the A2 but ever since i found out about surefires the M3 has been one of my dream lights because of its good looks. i was previously unable to afford either the A2 or the M3, but now that the condition of my flashaholism has been allowed to spread and fester, $200 isn't all that expensive to me now.

what do you guys think? let me know!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

yclo

Flashaholic*
What is your brightest light?

The M3 was my brightest light until I got a M6, so M3 is kind of an "in-between". Whereas the A2 fills a hole that wasn't even there in the first place!

-YC

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Depends on what you'll be using it for...
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif
(didn't see that one comin', huh?...)

Well, IMHO, grab yourself an A2 and you won't be feelin' guilty of leaving the LEDs on whenever you feel like it... And the money saved could fetch you a few more CR123s to burn through...

SUREFARC

Enlightened
chamenos, your question is actually which one first. I know sooner or later you'd have 'em both. I have 'em both and the M3 is my brightest light so far and I have no plan to get anything brighter at the moment. How about the M3 first?

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
thanks to everyone who responded! currently the lights i EDC is a C2 with a P60 and an arc LSH-P, so the brightest light i have is the C2. this is why i was considering the M3, because the A2 would put out roughly the same amount of light as the C2, albeit regulated and with a low output option (which my arc LSH covers). the M3 however, would give me an even brighter light which i don't have (or need /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif ) yet. additionally, the M3 would also be another source of half-depleted batteries for my arc LSH, which i still use the most out of all my lights /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

surefarc, i think you hit the nail on the head! M3 it is then! in retrospect i think i was just waiting for someone to tell me what i wanted to hear and nudge me in the direction of the M3 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

btw would anyone here be interested in an opened but mint condition A2 with white leds and some extra batteries? reason being i've reserved one from dano, but haven't paid yet because i'm still waiting for payment for an L1 i sold, so the A2 is still with him. if someone wants to take over the sale of the A2 please let me know, thanks!

Size15's

Flashaholic
I suggest you only by an M3 if you fully intend to invest in either the KT4 (TurboHead kit) or the KL6 5W Luxeon Bezel (not yet released) (or both)

I use my M3T far more than my M3. The KL6 for the M3 give it a whole new life of coolness. From what I've seen the KL6 will be one to get.

Al

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
al: i'll be looking forward to the KL6 5w LS /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
hmm...i think i'll go with the regular M3 first. firstly my favourite dealer doesn't appear to have the M3T in stock, and the M3 will be my backpack light, so the turbohead bezel might be too large for my liking. thanks for the suggestion anyway ninja! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

paul_w: replied /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

tsg68

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Chamenos, I bought my M3 prior to joining the forums here and if I'd have had access to the forums first I would have bought the M3T first. Economy wise it would have been cheaper to buy the M3T and then buy a normal bezel for $25. The M3 with the standard lamp is just not all that much more different than most three cells. If I had been a little more informed I would have gotten it with the turbo head and had a longer throwing light. As it is I just carry the C2 in my bag and leave the M3 at home (too big and not enough performance to warrant the extra size and weight.) I have a feeling that with the turbo head it would earn it's place in the pack eventually.

Just my two!

TSG /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
hey tsg, thanks for the suggestion! i might be tempted to get an M3T instead, but at the moment i can't because my dealer doesn't appear to have any in stock. in any case i'll let you know how i get along once i get the M3! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

K-T

*Moderator*
I got the chance to have a closer look at the M3T last weekend and it is more compact than you would guess. Not a bad light at all, very "carry-able". There is a noticeable benefit from the KT4 compared to the standard M3. I would get the M3T. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Klaus.

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
seems like everyone's for the M3T...looks like i have to start saving up for the KT4 kit /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

SUREFARC

Enlightened
Well I haven't seen an M3T in person, but the head is a bit large for my liking too.

Tombeis

Enlightened
I have both the M3 and the M3T.

I tend to prefer the M3 for it's ease of carry, and excellent performance.

If I had to give up all but one flashlight, I would keep the M3.